PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant to choose?

marlas73
06-28-2007, 10:50 AM
On our next trip to WDW we are having the DDP and have one lunch reservation pending to be done. Can anyone tell me which restaurant is best for Lunch between Teppanyaki (Epcot's Japan Pavillion) and Hollywood & Vine at MGM. In our group we have multiple ages, but kids are 8, 5, 3 & 1. Which is your favorite and what is your can't miss plate?!?!?!?!?!?!

Any other suggestions welcome....:thumbsup:

Becky'sMom
06-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Teppenyaki is closed for refurbishment until August 20...so if you're going before then, your decision is made for you. If not...here's the scoop:
Though I haven't been to WDW's teppanyaki, japanese steak house in general is alot of fun for kids. They cook the food on a grill in front of you and the chef usually does tricks with his knives and throwing shrimp tails in his hat, making onion volcanos...etc, I'm sure that Disney does a great job with it. With Hollywood and Vine, however, you can book a lunch with Little Einsteins and JoJo's Circus, so if your kids are big playhouse disney fans....you can always do japanese steakhouse at home!
Lauren

Checkers
06-28-2007, 11:30 AM
:mickey:I am not absolutely sure about this, perhaps someone else will know, but I don't think Teppanyaki participates in the DP. We love Teppanyaki but I would check to see if they participate and make sure they are not closed for renovations during your vacation. We have only done the character breakfast at H&V and it was good. Don't know much about lunch, just that it is a buffet. Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

krose78
06-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Teppanyaki is listed under the Disney Dining Plan Locations. The only thing would be how good the little ones are with fire because the first time we took my son when he was like 1 he freaked out when they made fire on the grill otherwise it is a fun experience. BTW he does love it now that he is older.

biodtl
06-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I've never eaten at H&V, but we love Teppanyaki. The food is tasty and the kids really enjoy the hibachi cooking. My DD was 2 and had no problems with it.

Also - they can make things plain for the kids.

marlas73
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Acctually, my oldest DS has gone to a Teppanyaki and he loved it!, not so sure about the others....They are fans of LEinsteins, but not so sure which to choose. I think I would give it a try to check ADR first hand for both. We are going in Sep 07, so lets see if there is some left. :)