PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Perks

faberj
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Is having the Disney VISA really worth it? I know you get 1 point for every $100.00 you spend with it, but are there any other perks?

Thanks!

faline
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
You get 6-months interest free on Disney vacation packages charged to the card.

Additionally, there are some discount offers - primarily on Disney related merchandise that are offered from time to time.

Disney World has had a character picture opportunity exclusive to card members.

Personally, I have found the reward dollars to be worthwhile. A couple of years ago, we used our rewards to pay for some meals and shopping at Disney World. Last year, we used it to pay most of the cost of an annaul pass.

AuntDJ
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
If you can find a credit card with a better reward I would go for it...however, I LOVE my Disney Visa! I know it is frivolous, but last time, I took my rewards (over 300) and we just had a HUGE shopping spree at the World of Disney...Whatever we wanted we got...

DJ

Harkleroad
06-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I haven't been to WDW with my card yet. We are planning for Dec. I pay for everything but my house and car notes with my card and have managed to earn around $700 and still have a few months to earn more before our trip. To me this is quite significant - it should pay for half of our entire trip. I make sure to pay it off each month or the interest defeats the purpose. So far so good. I also get coupons for various Disney related things about once a month.

vamaggie
06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
If you pay your balance every month, IMHO it is worth it. Besides the free financing on packages and the opportunity to get in early on some deals (the free dining was offered to card holders a few days before the public) the reward points can really add up. I must be honest, we really only start to use ours when we know we are going to take a trip (use the airline miles card most of the t ime to rack up miles so don't have to pay airfare) but then we throw everything we can on it. We have about $400 in points for our Nov trip and 5 more months to earn. We plan to use it to to pay for our DDP (so it would sorta be like free!) If you plan to go to WDW and can use a credit card responsibly I think it is a good deal.

sgdisney
06-28-2007, 10:39 AM
For those of you trying to rack up points, keep in mind that you can only earn 750 points per year.

Other benefits include 10% off purchases at the World of Disney and 20% off tour prices at WDW. We are going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year, which normally cost $60 per person, but with the discount it is only $48.

RPHX2NC
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow! 750 points per year times $100 per point is $75,000. Even I don't shop that much:thumbsup:

thrillme
06-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm annoyed that my favorite credit card sold out to Bank of America. I think I'll apply for this one. Then I'll REALLY be ready for next year.

I wonder if I can get any discounts off of Vactaion packages?

LoriMistress
06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Here is some information regarding this:

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/index.html

princessjojo
06-28-2007, 07:21 PM
We are planning on building a house in the next year or two with a construction loan through our bank. We plan to put all purchases on our Disney card and collect the max points on my card, then start using DH's card (we have 2 Disney visa accounts) and rack up max points with his as well. If it works out, we will time things right so we can roll over into the next calendar year and still collect points before our "next" next trip. We will just pay the balance with the release of funds from the bank as we build and never spend over the released amounts each time. It's too easy to not pay the the balance, but DH is mentally fixed to pay balances each month so that will be HIS task.

Hopefully, by the time 2009/2010 rolls around, we'll have close to 2000 points. Now I really like the sound of that. On the other hand, it sounds like I spend way too much money.