PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best Counter Service in EPCOT??

Disneyfun
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Here is the 3rd of my "Pick the Best Restaurant" polls. This time, we are looking at EPCOT's Counter Service Restaurants!

Remember, we are looking for the overall best - food, ambiance, themeing, etc!

And we have a winner!! Sunshine Season Food Fair at The Land Pavillion won hands down!!

Thanks to all who voted!

Crow
06-27-2007, 11:01 PM
well that depends
for a snack Kringla bakery in Norway, schoolbread and Viking coffee. they also have sandwhiches.
Lotus Blossom or the temp place in Japan this trip.

snifflesmcg
06-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I've only eaten at two of these places, Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons. One night, it was getting late and we were hungry. We popped into Sunshine Seasons. Nothing looked all that great but I took a chance on the Turkey and munster foccicia and it was surprisingly delishious! So, that's what I voted for.

RAIDER
06-28-2007, 03:54 AM
It was between Tangerine Cafe and the EU .I went for the TC as it was different :thumbsup:

Tink's Mom
06-28-2007, 05:01 AM
We love the Tangerine Cafe!

BritCody
06-28-2007, 06:37 AM
I went with Kringla Bakery in Norway, just for the snacks!!!

LouRodriGIS
06-28-2007, 07:19 AM
La Cantina De San Angel in Mexico is my favorite CS in WDW. Nothing like grabbing a Dos Equis and relaxing by the lake with some great Mexican food. I actually enjoy this over the San Angel Inn.

scottgr
06-28-2007, 07:28 AM
I love the Boulangerie Patisserie in france. We always go there for snacks :thumbsup:

Mickey91
06-28-2007, 08:17 AM
We like the Electric Umbrella:mickey:

SBETigg
06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
When we're in Epcot, we're all about the World Showcase for food and drink. We've never even tried Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella. I was torn between Tangierine Cafe and Yakitori House for my vote, but my kids would say hands down it is the Cantina de San Angel. I really couldn't say there is a "best" because they are all so great to try depending on mood.

MickeyMousse
06-28-2007, 10:47 AM
La Cantina De San Angel-grab a burrito and a Dos Equis, sit lakeside and enjoy!!!!:thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
There were a few on here that we really like. Mexico, Morocco and Japan are our favorites. I picked Morrocco, because it seems to be the most authentic and the food is really good!! If we're looking for something really different, we choose Tangeriene Cafe.

161 more days!
:mickey:

Donald Duck 224
06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
We love La Cantina De San Angel.

Natazu
06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Tangierine Cafe's Shwarma Combo is soooo good and an excellent value.
5 Camel Humps out of Five.

DopeyDad
06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Sommerfest is my favorite. I grab a Dog W/Kraut and a cold:beer: then I slip into the Biergarten and listen to the music.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I can't vote because I prefer the Fish and Chips in the UK. I know, no theme or ambiance, but the fish is too die for. I guess I can vote for Norway, I like the pastries, but then again, what about France, their pastries are really good too. Oh I just can't decide.:blush:

mrsgaribaldi
06-29-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm a picky eater but I love the mashed potatos and cooked carrots at the Sunshine Seasons. It comes with a chicken leg for kids but I don't like slimey chicken so I just get the 2 sides. The carrots are delicious. On our last trip I had it twice but the second time the carrots were not cooked right and I had to go back:blush:

January-2007
06-29-2007, 08:22 AM
I voted for Sommerfest because it was really good when we went there and because it's the only CS we've done in recent years. I'm pretty sure I've tried Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons, but I'm not sure, I may not have. DH and I split a Frankfurter at Sommerfest on our Honeymoon and it was really good. We had eaten in the Biergarten earlier in the week so this was our second German meal of the trip!

Hull-onian
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
The Electric Umbrella is my fav. What is the Tangierine Cafe? Never heard of it. Thanks in advance.

LandFan
06-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I chose Sunshine Seasons - lots of selection, very nice location and pretty good food. Plus you get to eat while waiting for you Soarin' fast pass window to open :thumbsup:

However, I do really love Tangerine Cafe and the Cantina too but I think everyone can find something they like at Sunshine seasons whereas DH doesn't like stuff at Tangerine, etc.

Lacy
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
My first choice is the fish and chips stand at the UK. The fish is very good and I enjoy the atmosphere outside of the pavilion. Since that wasn't an option I chose La Cantina de San Angel Inn.

Belle_0717
06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
The Tangierine Cafe was fabulous when we were there in May. We can't wait to go back in October.

Don't pass up the pattisserie for dessert - the chocolate mousse is yummy and take it back to your resort with you to enjoy it while relaxing.

jedi jen
06-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I think the CS at Epcot are great. It is dificult to choose. I chose Sunshine Seasons. But, really, it is a toss up. So many great CS . . . so little time. I wish the other parks had such great CS choices. :secret:

LoriMistress
06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I choose China. DH and I ate there for late breakfast/early lunch. Their food was great.