PDA

View Full Version : Magical Gatherings

Dawnya
06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
or Grand Gatherings, whatever it's called. Anyway, I understand what it is, but how much does it cost extra. We have a party of 11 going down the end of Dec. and I am trying to get as much info before we sit down and plan everything out. Thanks for any input!

faline
06-28-2007, 05:49 AM
It doesn't cost anything extra unless you take part in any of the special offerings such as the fireworks cruise or breakfast with Tony's. What it will cost will depend upon which, if any, of the extra activities you and your group chooses.

BigRedDad
06-28-2007, 09:28 AM
I glanced at this last night as well. We are planning a family trip (12+ people). The "special" activities cost a fortune. $60 for adults, $25 for kids for dinner type activities, $30 and $15 for breakfast.

It just seemed to me that the more people you have the more they want to charge. They require at least 8 from the group to participate. For a dinner, it would be over $400 for 8 of us. When we do it, we will go through Magical Journeys or do it ourselves.

kakn7294
06-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I do recommend when you book that you do book as a Grand Gathering - this part is free. They will assign you a group number and 1 person will be "put in charge" of all arrangements. Under the distinction of Grand Gathering, they will cross-reference your individual room reservations (each party can have the room listed in their names - it doesn't have to be all under 1 name) and they will assign you to a block of rooms that are all near each other - ours were 4 in a row. Supposedly they give Grand Gatherings the "better" room locations - don't know if this is true but our location was fantastic. You can also use your Grand Gathering number to book dining reservations although I don't know what it's supposed to do for you here - I was told it is so you can all be seated together but they do that anyway for large parties. As far as the special Grand Gathering events, they are expensive and we did not participate in any of them because of the cost and we couldn't all agree on one.

mousaholic
06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Many of the grand gathering events can use Dining Plan Credits if everybody is on the DDP. For our Grand Gathering we have everybody on the DDP so that it will make sharing meals together much easier!