PDA

View Full Version : WDW in December

EeyoresBestFriend
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
My DH and I have only ever gone in Mar/Apr and are thinking about going in December. I'd like to take my parents, as they have never been to any Disneys. Is there alot of plant life or flowers around in December - what is Florida like then? :mickey: The slightly cooler temps would suit the parents, I think, but I'd like them to see how beautiful WDW can be. Is it as pretty as it is in April? Any insights would be appreciated.
:unsure:

Disneyfun
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
WDW landscaping is almost always impressive.

That being said, the best thing about going in December will be all of the Christmas decorations. Regardless of religious afiliation, the decorations at all of the resorts are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

It would be easy to fill atleast one full day just touring the resorts to look at their decorations. The Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge are two of the best IMHO!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-27-2007, 10:51 PM
WDW landscaping is almost always impressive.

That being said, the best thing about going in December will be all of the Christmas decorations. Regardless of religious afiliation, the decorations at all of the resorts are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

It would be easy to fill atleast one full day just touring the resorts to look at their decorations!
I wholeheartedly agree! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.:santa3:

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 11:04 PM
As far as decorations are concerned, it's my favorite time to visit. Christmas Day -> Near Year's Day is far too crowded for my personal tatse, though.

faline
06-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Early December is a great time to visit. There are trees that lose their leaves for the winter. However, there is still plenty of vegetation and landscaping. I think your parents will be impressed with both the plant life and the holiday happenings and decorations!

Weather can be variable. I've had weather in the 80's and weather in the 30's so be prepared for all eventualities!