PDA

View Full Version : CRT confusion?

r4kids
06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok so SIL booked the Cindy's breakfast on a day she was headed to another park, first timers didn't know what park it was in, anyway we have been trying to change the ressie to the day we'll be in MK. When we finally got a ressie it is for dinner, we took it. She called to cancel the breakfast and the dining CM said not to cancel the ressie?:confused: I don't understand why? Is there a huge difference? I know the princesses don't come around upstairs but they are also doing the storybook breakfast so they will still see everyone. Can someone explain why the CM would say this?

disneymom2000
06-27-2007, 10:10 PM
The only reasoning I can see in this, is that it is extremely hard to get into the breakfast. You have made ressies for a dinner now, but the CM's know from experience that the customer can change their mind and decide they want to do the breakfast before heading to whatever other park they decide to go to that day. If the timeframe gets closer to your vacation and this is what you want, you can still do breakfast with the princesses. Either way, I would wait and make that decision approximately a week before my reservation and then cancel the one I wouldn't be going to since it is prepaid and you don't want to lose your money. Personnally, if you are taking children, you will more than likely enjoy the breakfast characters rather than the dinner. Even if it means changing up which park you are going to that day.

r4kids
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
They have a breakfast that morning at Chef Mickey's. I hate to hold onto ressie that someone else might want. I was thrilled to get the ressie for Storybook breakfast that someone cancelled, so I hate to wait that long. Their little ones are 3 and 1. Thanks for the info:)

Mickey91
06-28-2007, 08:11 AM
The breakfast is just a whole lot better in terms of the character interaction. Dinner is kind of a let down.

DDuck66
06-28-2007, 10:05 AM
We have done both the breakfast and the dinner at CRT and i would say that for kids the breakfast was much superior ll around. The dinner was nice for just my DW and myself as we do not have any kids. It was romantic and the service was really nice, but it seemed a little formal especially for children.

Becky'sMom
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
The cinderella breakfast is special. Becky got alot of personal attention from the princesses at our table last year and it was the first ADR I made this year. Why not try to get a different meal at Chef Mickey's? It's in the contemporary, so you don't need to be in a particular park for it...any day will do. At any rate, I believe you can cancel the Cindy breakfast up to 48 hours out and still not get charged. And there's no way your slot will be wasted...don't think of it that way...if you cancel 2 days out...some little girl out there will get a huge surprise being able to have breakfast with the princesses when her parents never thought they'd be able to get in but tried "just in case"!
Lauren