PDA

View Full Version : Does Caribbean Beach Resort have boat access to EPCOT?

AliceinDisney
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Just wondering.

Scott C
06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
No

Thanks
Scott C

moe513
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
No only the yc,bc bw. swan and dolphin I think

Piglet822
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
No only the yc,bc bw. swan and dolphin I think

And MGM

CleveRocks
06-30-2007, 08:00 AM
CBR has boat access to no where.

The only resorts that have boat access anywhere are:

Grand Floridian: to MK and Polynesian

Polynesian: to MK and GF

Contemporary: to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

Wilderness Lodge: to Contemporary and Fort Wilderness; also to MK and Fort Wilderness

FW: see above

Boardwalk area resorts (including Swan/Dolphin): amongst each other along a line that goes between Epcot and MGM

Saratoga Springs Resort and Old Key West: to Downtown Disney Marketplace and DTD West Side

Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter: to DTD Marketplace

When you look at a map or aerial photo, CBR is right across the street from Epcot. However, it's across the street from the BACK of Epcot, and the only way for you to get into Epcot is to go all the way around to the front entrance. [Yes, there is the International Gateway, but for all practical purposes you can't use it from CBR -- no buses drop off there, there is no parking lot there, it's just accessible by walking from the Boardwalk area, and there's no way to get to the Boardwalk area except to take a bus and transfer at a park to get a Boardwalk area bus]. So even though CBR is in Epcot's backyard, the bus ride is surprisingly long.

Of course, you could TRY to walk. Start at Aruba building 56. Walk across the parking lot and grass and the internal access road, then cross Buena Vista Drive. You'll walk across some more grass, a marsh, maybe a mine field or two. You'll come to a wall and a fence and have to climb them, and if the machine gunners and snipers don't pick you off you'll end up in the backstage area of Epcot's World Showcase between Italy and Germany. Good luck.