PDA

View Full Version : No more VMK??

*tinker_belle*
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
It's been all the buzz around VMK that DLR no longer has a kiosk which is impossibly unfair seeing as how i will not be going to WDW for a very long time. I play this game with my little cousin and she is so bummed out too.
So i guess only people who go to WDW are at an advantage....pretty unfair.:(

NotaGeek
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
That is correct. The VMK kiosk that was in Tommowland is no longer there. No idea if they are ever gonna bring it back ... on my next visit I will ask a CM.

Chescat
06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
We have a whole mad, going to kill VMK for this thread in VMK section when it was announced.

It costs Disney money to staff a booth all day and maintain those computers that logged in your passes and what quests you did. I think when Nemo ride opened they decided to move cast members around for more affective use of them.

Bottom line, to save money and the hassle it was, they cut how they were doing it. Why one month after new quests came out? I think it was Disney management not disney online management.

You can still get animators desk in Animation building; magic mirrors for purchase in Magic Shop; and red retro penny press for purchase of candy in the candy shop at Pooh's Corner.

Some interesting developments have occurred since the Yavn newletter last friday he said that the Middle Piece of the Submarine will be given out in the Finding Nemo Quest that they hand out while you stand in that long line. I was in that line yesterday (wow only 2 hours and 15 mins). The VMK card for the middle piece isn't in that Quest yet. But the quest has activities of people to do while standing in line.

This was similar to what they do for the Gold Doors when Monsters Inc opened. Since they are paying staff to stand there to greet people, they might as well have them passing out promotional stuff.

*tinker_belle*
06-27-2007, 09:02 PM
This is all ridiculous if you ask me. How badly i wanted the Mickey TV too....
I mean i have an annual pass and as much as i'm there at the park, i know i'm not going to get that middle sub piece or anything else for that matter. They really want you to work for it if your going to be there.
It's like "Ok stand in this 2 hour line for Nemo and we'll give you the missing sub piece you should have gotten when you played the game...."
Now us DLR goers have to go to extra lengths...(sigh)

Chescat
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Actually the middle submarine parts I think are going to be easy. There are at least 10-15 cast members going up and down the lines and all have those quests cards (not the submarine yet) in there hands passing them freely out to everybody. Saw them even passing them out to Matterhorn line. It is a promotion. :blush:

kandokat
06-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry to ask this, but what is VMK?

NotaGeek
06-28-2007, 01:21 AM
:offtopic:

If you would like to learn about VMK please visit the VMK Guide on INTERCOT. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=94406)

Guys, if you would like to discuss the ins and outs of losing the Kiosk at Disneyland, it's fine here, but for any real VMK stuff please see the forums in the VMK Section of the Discussion Boards (http://intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=53).

:thanks: