PDA

View Full Version : Framed Movie Cells

DisneyDreams09
06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I didn't happen to come across the Framed Movie Cells when I was in Disney.
Could anyonet tell me where to findthem and the different sizes and prices?
Appriciate any info! thanks!

:mickey::thumbsup:

Piglet822
06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I've seen cels at Art of Disney. They have shops in MK, MGM, and Epcot. I don't recall seeing one in AK. Not to say there isn't one, I just don't recall. There is also a store at DD.
I don't know the sizes and costs but they sure are beautiful pieces to have.

SurferStitch
06-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, the Art of Disney has a lot. You can also find them scattered here and there in various shops.

Smaller movie sericels can run from several hundred on up (I've seen some close to $600). One-of-a-kind original movie cells can run from $1500-$5000 (who knows, maybe more) depending on what movie it's from, the size of it, and the extent of the framing and matting.

The cheapest original cells and sericels are from Disney animated series like the Adventures of Pooh or other shows you find on the Disney Channel. Original cells from the popular movies will cost in the thousands.

I have two movie sericels from Lilo and Stitch. They cost around $350 about 3-4 years ago. I also bought a special event cel at MGM for around $350. All three were framed and matted.

DisneyDreams09
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow! Wasn't quite prepared for that, though I probably should have been,
I'd love to have one from Cinderella or Little Mermaid
I'll just put out a second mortgage on my house before our next trip :) J/K

Thanks for the info!

glenpreece
06-29-2007, 11:11 AM
The art of Disney store in AK is part of the store that is to the right of the marketplace. It's right across from ITTBAB and you pass it going to Dinoland. I bought some postcards there that I hadn't seen elsewhere. The DTD is the best one. I can't afford the movies cels but i can afford the character xketches. They are so nice and feel like having a piece of my fav movies.