PDA

View Full Version : Today is "Shave My Head " day.

pogo
06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Today I recieved the news I've been dreading. :shake:

My Mom (83 years young) is going through Chemo for a nasty bladder cancer (small cell) and yesterday she started her second round of chemo. :(

I called her this morning and she told me her hair is falling out. This was her worst fear of the chemo and I told her "it's no big deal..... hair will grow back...... and I'll shave my head if it happens."

Well........:shrug:...... bring on the clippers and razor. Now I'm almost going to look like Ian ! :oops: ........ sorry buddy !........ :D

MsMin
06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
:pixie: for your mom... What a sweet gesture to shave your head for your mom.. How about getting her a designer scarf too?? So sorry to hear she is ill and hope her chemo is successful.
One good thing about shaving your head is you now have a complete selection of your own (bald) smilies!! :D More prayers :angel:and :pixie: on the way...

pogo
06-27-2007, 11:12 AM
:pixie: for your mom... What a sweet gesture to shave your head for your mom.. How about getting her a designer scarf too?? So sorry to hear she is ill and hope her chemo is successful.
One good thing about shaving your head is you now have a complete selection of your own (bald) smilies!! :D More prayers :angel:and :pixie: on the way...
Thanks ..... you made me smile. :D

Momof2boys
06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Awwww, I'm sure your mom is very proud of you to do this with/for her.

Sending lots of :pixie: to her for a healthy recovery.

Wendy Louise
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Sending your Mum lots of good wishes that she has a speedy recovery. :flower::flower::flower:

What a kind and thoughtful gesture. :)

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Today I recieved the news I've been dreading. :shake:

My Mom (83 years young) is going through Chemo for a nasty bladder cancer (small cell) and yesterday she started her second round of chemo. :(

I called her this morning and she told me her hair is falling out. This was her worst fear of the chemo and I told her "it's no big deal..... hair will grow back...... and I'll shave my head if it happens."

Well........:shrug:...... bring on the clippers and razor. Now I'm almost going to look like Ian ! :oops: ........ sorry buddy !........ :D

What a wonderful thing for you to do! I don't know if I could do that. I think you must be a wonderful "young man".God bless your mom with a speedy recovery.
:mickey:deb

gauvin4
06-27-2007, 01:26 PM
:pixie::pixie: for your mother and the whole family. I now this is tough time for all. Kudos for you in supporting your mother this way.

RedSoxFan
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
What a very thoughtful thing you did for your mom. My thoughts are and prayers are with you and your mom at this time. God Bless.

Ian
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Well........:shrug:...... bring on the clippers and razor. Now I'm almost going to look like Ian ! :oops: ........ sorry buddy !........ :DI HAVE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

pogo
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Sending your Mum lots of good wishes that she has a speedy recovery.

What a kind and thoughtful gesture. :) Thank you WL.

What a wonderful thing for you to do! I don't know if I could do that. I think you must be a wonderful "young man".God bless your mom with a speedy recovery.
:mickey:debThank you Deb :D

:pixie::pixie: for your mother and the whole family. I now this is tough time for all. Kudos for you in supporting your mother this way.
Thank you for your kind words.

What a very thoughtful thing you did for your mom. My thoughts are and prayers are with you and your mom at this time. God Bless.
Thank you Tracy.

I HAVE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:
Wow.... not what was told in another thread !
Lol :funny:

I'm sorry Ian......... just joking. :D

MMouse6937
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
:D You think it will grow back by the time you get here for Balloon Fiesta???? HA ;)

Actually, that is really nice and thoughtful, I'm sure your mom will appreciate having someone to go through this with her. I know as a woman losing my hair would be devestating.

:pixie: for your mom

alpro2
06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Speedy recovery to your mom, Pogo.

Just think how cool you will be this summer! :D

BrerSchultzy
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
What a great gesture...and what a great way to get your mom thinking of something OTHER than chemo and cancer. She sure is lucky to have you.

Then again, so is Intercot. (I still can't think of Wolfgang Puck's without thinking of roadkill).

Happy Baldness! And :pixie::pixie::pixie: for your mom.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Prayers and Pixie dust for a speedy recovery and quick growing hair! I know I would be so upset!!:pixie::pixie::pixie:

mdearmas
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Best Wishes To You And Your Mom Here Is Some More Pixie Dust For Her :tink:

merlinmagic4
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Bald is beautiful, Pogo!! I hope your mom is feeling a lot better very soon. :pixie: for her and for you, too.

bleukarma
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
What a nice thing for you to do to cheer up your mom!
Here is some pixie dust for her, I hope she has a speedy recovery!!! :pixie::pixie:

ElenitaB
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
:pixie: to your mom and prayers for continued strength.

I love MsMin's idea of sending her a nice scarf (make sure it's a cotton one... the silky ones slip).

P.S. Extra :pixie: for few other side effects and hopes that you'll soon be throwing a party that the little buggers have been evicted!

SBETigg
06-27-2007, 07:05 PM
What a nice show of support! Maybe you'll look really great, who knows? My dad says "I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine." (which of course isn't always great to hear from one's dad but...)

Seriously, very best wishes to your mom.

kakn7294
06-27-2007, 07:20 PM
That's a wonderful gesture for your mom! When my MIL was ill with cancer, I made her a turban like cap to wear when she had company. Unfortunately, she didn't survive her cancer and wanted to be buried in her cap - she refused a wig. :pixie: for your mom for a complete and speedy recovery!

Nascfan
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
:pixie: for your mom, Pogo. My prayers are with her.

Just think, you'll be more aerodynamic on all the mountains at WDW this way!

pogo
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I can not thank all of you enough for your kind words and suggestions.

Here is proof http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2082820850092087367fyvTHC

What do you think ? :D

crazypoohbear
06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
WOW what a great thing you did in support of your mom :thumbsup:

Now some unsolicited advice... PUT SOME SUNSCREEN ON THAT BABY!!!!:jaw::laughing::

Sending lots of pixie dust that you mom goes into full remission.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

drummerboy
06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
I was just going to insist that you post a picture and you beat me to it. For an old man, you done good. (For the uninitiated, Pogo's a few months younger than me)

I hope your mom comes through it well.

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 11:21 PM
I like the idea of a turbin for your mom. You just need sunscreen. I'm sure you look like a hero to your mom. I bet she looks like a hero to you too! :thumbsup:

Jeff G
06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
More :pixie: coming to your mom and family as she goes through this trying time. That was a very nice thing you did for her, I'm sure she appreciated it.

Looking at that white head make sure a SPF of at least 45 is handy at all times:D.

Seriously, your mom and family are in our prayers.

marlyn
06-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Pogo...I am so sorry to hear about your Mother's illness and am sending extra special :pixie: her way.

Kudos to you for your gesture. I am sure it means a lot to your Mom. How lucky she is to have wonderful family like you for support :)

By the way....you look good with no hair! :)

CanadianWDWFan
06-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Hey Pogo!

Nice gesture!:thumbsup::number1: You sure do look slick in you new do.:cool:

I hope your Mom gets better soon.

Prayers and :pixie: for your Mom and :mickey: for you to cover that gleaming dome of yours !:D

Dsnygirl
06-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Pogo, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom - I'm sending prayers & pixie dust her way right away. Where is she being treated?

Re: your hair - what a nice thing for you to do!! And your picture is great... Is that your son with you, too?? I'm sure it lifted her spirits and made her smile... you seem to be good at that. :thumbsup:

Have a great day, neighbor! :D

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 08:43 AM
what a wonderful thing for you to do..so she wont feel alone!! that is just really really sweet of you!!! anybody else in the family doing it?? i hope the chemo does its job and that your mom is all better in no time!!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Speedy recovery to your mom, Pogo.

Just think how cool you will be this summer! :D
That's exactly what I was thinking! And you will be able to go from the pool to dinner with very little effort :thumbsup:.

Extra :pixie: for your Mom, and for you too Cousin :pixie: . I am thinking of you all.

SBETigg
06-28-2007, 09:19 AM
It looks great! And you'll be so cool this summer. I'm sure your mom is so touched by it, too.

mtown71
06-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Prayers & pixie dust heading your mom's way! That is such a nice gesture you offered. God bless you both & hang in there!

SodaPopMGK
06-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Sending prayers and :pixie::pixie: for a speedy recovery for your Mom. The pictures are great and it is such a great way to show support to your mother.

mrsgaribaldi
06-28-2007, 12:31 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for you and your mom. You get some just because you're such a good son:mickey:

offwego
06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
How nice of you..best of luck to your mom and prayers and pixie dust on it's way to you.

Tynkerbelle
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Prayers & pixie dust to your Mom and you and for the chemo to be successful! :pixie:

My sister finished chemo the end of April and her hair started growing back fairly quickly - she has lots of fuzz now! As much as I was dreading the hair loss, I must say, I've really gotten used to the look she's been sporting - bandannas/scarves (she's not a wig person)....

You're a good son for shaving your head to support her! Good luck with everything!

pogo
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Once again........ Thank you all. :mickey:

How can you not love this Intercot Family. If I could, I'd give everyone a big :grouphug: .... :D

Ian
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I think it's such a wonderful show of support for your Mother ... what a great son you are!

Pixie dust for her speedy recovery!

disneyfan369
06-28-2007, 06:25 PM
That's great that you're doing that to support your mom!! It's the coolest thing I've heard of in a while. Plenty of prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: to her for a quick recovery!

And P.S.... you look great!!

Caroleh
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Buddy, that is such a great gesture!!! :hug:My prayers are with you and your mother. :pixie:

Now on the lighter side...get some sunscreen on that head...The DH put the top down on the Tracker the other day and his head is really red and peeling!!!

Beast_fanatic
06-28-2007, 11:52 PM
:pixie: on the way to your mom!

And, :thumbsup: to you for such a sweet gesture.

conorsmom2000
06-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Pogo, your Mom will be in my prayers and I'm sending much :pixie::pixie::pixie: for your whole family!

That was quite a gesture on your part - I know your Mom must be so touched! I hope everyone has someone in their life who would offer them that kind of unconditional love and support! :cloud9:

I think you look great - but, as others have said - use sunscreen!! :D

pogo
06-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Buddy, that is such a great gesture!!! :hug:My prayers are with you and your mother. :pixie:

Now on the lighter side...get some sunscreen on that head...The DH put the top down on the Tracker the other day and his head is really red and peeling!!!

:pixie: on the way to your mom!

And, :thumbsup: to you for such a sweet gesture.

Pogo, your Mom will be in my prayers and I'm sending much :pixie::pixie: for your whole family!

That was quite a gesture on your part - I know your Mom must be so touched! I hope everyone has someone in their life who would offer them that kind of unconditional love and support! :cloud9:

I think you look great - but, as others have said - use sunscreen!!

Thank you Ladies....... and just so everyone knows..... I'm putting SPF 30 on the dome. I want it to tan a little. :D