PDA

View Full Version : Charging on your Key to the World Card from your Resort Room

tlhewitt52
06-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Can anyone refresh my memory, I know that you can have a Card linked to your room key so that you can just charge your purchases and meals to the room while in Disney. But do they charge your account for each individual purchase as it happens or just one lump sum at the end when you check out??? The reason I am asking is because we used a checkcard last vacation and I was just wondering, trying to work in my budget!

me...
06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I know at the end of your vacation the give you an itemized bill when you check out. But whether or not it'll show up on your bank statement as a lump sum I'm not entirerly sure about. -Christie

mulderxcoltrane
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
You can pay for your room charges however you like at the end of your stay. You can even pay via cash if you so desire. However - as far as I know - if you pay via CC, you will just have one large charge on your statement, but someone else may be able to verify that.

TammiMcMan
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I think it actually depends on which resort you're staying in. For the values, if you put a credit card down, they extend a $500 line of credit. When you reach that amount, they will charge your credit card and extend another $500. Whether you meet that amount in a few days or not until the end of your vacation, the charge is put through as a lump sum, not individual. You'll see the breakdown on your itemized room bill though and this you can ask for at any time. I know some people like to have them printed daily and match them to their receipts right away.

CleveRocks
06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
A room charge can be backed up by credit card, debit card (with VISA/MC logo), travelers checks, cash, or even Disney Dollars.

As stated elsewhere, there is an upper limit depending on your level of resort, but you can set your room charge for any amount up to and including that maximum -- it doesn't need to be set at that maximum.

If you are NOT using plastic, you give them the total amount of cash/travelers checks/Disney Dollars that you want to have the room charge set up for. If you don't reach your limit, you will get any excess funds back at checkout.

If you DO use plastic, they will run your card to make sure it is attached to a valid account, but they will NOT charge your account and they will NOT put a hold on the account. In other words, let's say you give them your debit card to set up a $1,000 room charge. The card is tied to your checking account, and your checking account has a $5,000 balance. If you then call your bank to check your balance a few days later, you'll still have a $5,000 balance in there, because Disney did not take $1,000 from you and didn't place any hold on your account.

Your credit card/bank account won't be charged until you reach your limit or until checkout time, whichever comes first. If you wish to pay by other means, then you must do so before you reach your limit or the night before checkout (to be safe).

AT ANY TIME and as often as you like, you can go to the front desk and request a printout of your room charge activity. It will give the total for each transaction, the date/time/place, as well as the number of the card that was used (cards are numbered 1through as many people as you have on your reservation).

Please post back with any other questions!

tlhewitt52
06-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info, see I get paid when I am down there and want to make sure the purchases won't be charged until we leave so I know how to budget the money for what we can spend, it will give me the extra cash I need to pay for the TS restaurants I am paying OOP!!!