PDA

View Full Version : What to do before dinner?

why4k
06-27-2007, 12:19 AM
The day we go to Animal Kingdom we have an ADR at Boma for 7:30pm. AK closes at 5:00. What can we do at AKL before our dinner reservations? Is there someplace we can watch the animals?

Natazu
06-27-2007, 02:09 AM
If you're going to find yourself with time to kill, Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the best places to be. The architecture is beautiful. My first time there, I spent an hour wandering around the lobby. Also, there are observation areas all over the place. Just pick an animal and the friendly staff will tell you where to go to look at them.

jedi jen
06-27-2007, 12:22 PM
:ditto:

We went to eat at Boma last year and got there early. We really enjoyed checking out the lobby and the observation areas at AKL. I don't think you will have trouble passing the time there. We stood and watched the animals at different observation points. There were also drummers in the lobby we watched. There are also observation areas outside that have comfy seats to just relax and enjoy the animals/scenery.

biodtl
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
We got there early for our dinner and we almost ran out of time, wanting to see everything. Besides the observation areas, you can get a drink at Victoria Falls Lounge, sit in the rocking chairs by the fire pit, walk around the grounds or just sit in the beautiful lobby areas (there are a few secluded places, too). It's wonderful.

WorldTraveler
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Also, the gift shop has some unique items making it a place my family always wants to go to for 1/ hour or so.
If your are there after dark, be sure to go outside by the pool and over to your left for night viewing using night vision binoculars.
Very cool.

mickey-mouse35
06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
If your are there after dark, be sure to go outside by the pool and over to your left for night viewing using night vision binoculars.

COOL!!!! :cool:

Natazu
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. The gift shop (Zawadi Marketplace) sells an African seasoning called Nando's Peri Peri Grind. It is absolutely the best seasoning I've ever used.

moe513
06-27-2007, 09:29 PM
We spent a lot of time in the gift shop. It has alot o different things. When you check in Bomas they give you a little beeper. So, check in at the podium early and then go to the gift shop. Maybe Bomas can take you early.

Tink#64
06-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm so glad I checked on here today! I'm planning for us to have a dinner at Boma during our next trip & I'm so glad, it sounds like AKL is a cool place. I try to plan a dinner at a different resort every trip, as much for the meal experience as a chance to look around at a resort we've not visited yet! AKL sounds so unique & I know DS's 9 & 11 will love it!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm glad the OP posted this message--thanks for all the responses! I made ADR's at Boma for an early dinner on our AK day, with the plan of exploring the resort a bit afterwards. Glad to know there's so much to see/do!

thanks again! :thumbsup: