PDA

View Full Version : Can we change hotels?

Lizzie
06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
We are going in September and are currently booked at the All-Star Music with the free dinning plan. We are thinking about upgrading to a moderate but would we lose the free dinning plan since it is past June 24th?

Any help with this would be great.

CleveRocks
06-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Probably. You wouldn't just be changing resorts, you'd be canceling one ressie and making a new one. And since the new one would be made after the 24th, I think you'd miss the boat.

Even if you hadn't missed the cut-off, the other problem would be that it's doubtful there would be any "free dining" rooms remaining at any resort at this late date. Free dining isn't just an across-the-board promotion, it applies to only a certain number or percentage of rooms at each level within each resort. That's why free dining can "sell out" even if rooms are still available to the general public.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I would say that's a good question to call Disney directly and ask about. I don't necessarily think you have to cancel the reservation and make a new one. I've changed my resort twice in the last 24 hours (first from Pop to POR becuase POFQ wasn't available, then I called back to check on POFQ today and it was available so we switched again) kept the same reservation number and they didn't say anything about cancelling, etc. Of course, my reservations are for Dec, so I don't have free DDP to worry about. They only had so many rooms available for that promotion, so that could be a snag. Just call and ask a cast member, I think that's your best bet. If they can't do it, they'll tell you.

Jen C.
06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
No! You will NOT lose the free dining. Call and tell them that you want to see about upgrading your reservation, and tell them that you are considering a moderate. You won't have to cancel your initial ressie until you know if a mod or deluxe is available, and for what price. If you find one to your liking, the CM will upgrade you under the plan. You even keep the same confirmation #. I upgraded my free dining ressies last year 4 times after the promo expired. Each time I spent more money so they (WDW) loved it, there were no problems! Call! Good Luck!!

Jen C.
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh! BTW, even if the CM tells you now that htere are no rooms available under that promo, keep trying. At about 44 days out, when the payments are due in full for the free dining pkg's, you won't believe what opens up because people don't/can't pay. That's when all of a sudden I had all types of rooms available to upgrade too.;):thumbsup:

moe513
06-28-2007, 01:53 AM
I think you can do it.Call and ask. Good luck.

Jenemmy
06-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi -- I did this last year. It can be done, but you have to be a bit of a pain in the tush! LOL. We were booked with free dining at POP and due to some rough situations I went through last year, DH wanted to upgrade to the Contemporary. Not one to argue ;) I started calling and was told repeatedly that there were no rooms left under free dining at the CR (it was indeed after the promotion cut off) I would just say "thank you" and try again until I got a CM who seemed to want to look into it for me. Probably about my 5th try, I hit the jackpot! And, for that matter, so did DIsney as it DOUBLED our price!

Hope this helps. Good luck with the calling!

Jen C.
06-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi -- I did this last year. It can be done, but you have to be a bit of a pain in the tush! LOL. We were booked with free dining at POP and due to some rough situations I went through last year, DH wanted to upgrade to the Contemporary. Not one to argue ;) I started calling and was told repeatedly that there were no rooms left under free dining at the CR (it was indeed after the promotion cut off) I would just say "thank you" and try again until I got a CM who seemed to want to look into it for me. Probably about my 5th try, I hit the jackpot! And, for that matter, so did DIsney as it DOUBLED our price!

Hope this helps. Good luck with the calling!

Jen, I remember you trying like crazy to change!! I remember trying to lend a hand ...Isn't it time to go back!;)

Lizzie
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. We haven't decided yet what we are going to do. We keep going back and forth on it. But it is good to know that we can do it.

Jenemmy
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Jen, I remember you trying like crazy to change!! I remember trying to lend a hand ...Isn't it time to go back!;)

LOL!! Oh yeah, Jen -- you were my total inspiration last fall! Didn't you upgrade to Poly for your trip? I kept wailing to my hubby "But they let Jen from my message boards upgrade!!!!" :mickey:

It definitely IS time for me to go back -- of course, when isn't it time for me to go back? Our current plan is to surprise the kids Christmas morning by telling them we are taking them to WDW, and then going early January.:secret: