View Full Version : Packing list

Mrs.Mickey
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Hello, I know its kinda early for me to do this, but I am going on my honeymoon in October and wanted to know what I should pack for that time of year! I have only been in jan. and may so I wanted to get a feel of the kind of clothes to bring, also will it be to cold to swim? Alos what about bug spray what is the creepy crawly situation in the fall in florida?:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Stitch's Mommy
06-26-2007, 08:27 PM
It's usually still very warm in October, so swimming shouldn't be a problem. As for packing, I always recommend light layers and a raincoat of some sort.

Beast_fanatic
06-26-2007, 10:30 PM
On our October trip a couple of years ago, it was cool at the beginning of the trip in the evenings, but comfortable during the day and fine for swimming. By the end of the trip, it warmed up so that it was comfortable even late. As far as rain, it rained one afternoon and evening on us.

Definitely pack your swimsuits, and a little bit of variety in your clothing in case of a cool snap.

Disney does a pretty good job of keeping the bugs under control, so I don't usually worry too much about that.

DREAMADREAM93
06-26-2007, 10:52 PM
It's usually still warm during that time of year but i would pack a little of everything just in case!

Weather isn't very predictable - just ask the meteorologists in Orlando who NEVER SEEM TO GET IT RIGHT!

JOrdan :]

beksy
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks! I'm going in Oct for the first time and was wandering the same thing.

DisneyDog
06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I used to live in Florida (a little bit south of WDW, though) and I can attest to the fact that October can be quite hot. I would bring summer stuff, maybe some light pants for night, and buy a sweatshirt if you need it. You'll probably buy one anyway:thumbsup:

Mickey91
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
We were there for Halloween one year and it still got into the upper 80s most days. It dipped into the 60s a couple of days also. So bring everything from a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt to swimsuit, shorts and tanks!:mickey: