PDA

View Full Version : What time do you set the alarm for?

Dyanna
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
We will be traveling in Oct with our then 10 month old. I was thinking of a 7:30am alarm to get us up & moving & hopefully be in the park by 9:30am. What time do you usually set the alarm for?

Jared
06-26-2007, 01:38 PM
We don't set an alarm but try to be out of bed by 7:30 a.m. If everything works out, we arrive at the parks at opening.

Mickey'sGirl
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Usually 6, sometimes 6:30. (A sleep in from my regular routine) We get up and going and to a park by 8 am. We cruise around until lunchtime, then head back to our resort to swim.....then back to the parks in the evening. This works best for us with our kids.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
0700 on the nose, that is if we haven't been out late the night before at EMH til 0100 or later.

crazeedizneefinatic
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
We usually have the wake up call around 9am. We are not early risers so 9am is early for us, lol. :mickey:

My husband and mom like to sleep a bit since they always get up for work at 6am. They figure we are on vacation, why torture yourself, lol.

To all the early risers, I envy you. I have never been a morning person, married a non morning person and my son turned out to be a sleeper. Even when he was an infant. He was the envy of all my friends who babies woke at 5 or 6! I enjoy the morning if I can drag myself to do it, but prefer sleeping a bit.:blush:

MickeyMousse
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
We start out getting the wake up call at 7:30, but probably don't start moving until 8!:secret:

NJMan66
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
We never set an alarm at WDW. A rested kid is a happy kid with us. Usually my 6 & 9 yr olds end up going to bed at around 10-11PM. We like to sleep in, go to the pool until mid-afternoon and then off to the parks until close.

It sounds like I am doing just the opposite as what was written by other posters.

pshokie
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I am the sick and twisted one....5:30 AM. :jaw:

Yep, usually get up at 5:00 while at home, so on vacation I get to sleep in. Till 5:30. ;) But in all fairness, we had a little one the last time, and we are a one-parent-gets-dressed-while-one-watches-the-boy type of family. This, plus getting DD(4) dressed :nudge: takes some time. Plus we are big believers in breakfast (most important meal of the day :thumbsup:), so we tend to have a full fledged meal in the morning to fuel the eningines for the day.

So given getting dressed, waiting an infant, dressing a sleepy & grumpy 4 yo, and eating breakfast...The only way to get to the park at opening is to get up at the crack of dawn!

Unfortunately, this means we miss all of the fireworks. :(

faline
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I rarely set an alarm while we're on vacation!

Mickey 101
06-26-2007, 03:08 PM
We arrange for Mickey to call at 7:00 and actually respond to it the first day or two. As the week wears on, we just enjoy hearing his voice, then roll over and get up whenever we feel like it. We travel with our two teenage kids and we always stay out late for fireworks, late EMH, shopping at DTD late at night, etc. We don't like to do the afternoon nap thing, either, so have to make up for our sleep-deprivation at some point. I'm trying to figure out a way to just stay up 24/7 so we don't miss a thing. Can you tell I'm one of those Disney commando types?? :blush:

mttafire
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
We don't set an alarm but try to be out of bed by 7:30 a.m. If everything works out, we arrive at the parks at opening.

Us too. If its a non- park day..Then we'll try to sleep in.

princessjojo
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
We don't do the alarms either. That said, no matter where we are, I can't sleep past 7/7:30am so I go ahead and do the shower thing while everyone else sleeps. I do enjoy waking them up with the shower, hairdryer, and casual bumping around and dropping of things though. Either way, we are all up, dressed and fed no later than 9 and meander our way to the parks around then. Just take it easy and always remember it's a vacation.

laward32
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
On our trip in Dec I didn't set an alarm because my girls are usually up about 7:00 or 7:30. I got up that week no later than 8:00, but I'm not a normal woman. It only takes me about 20 min to get ready, shower and all. We usually made it to the parks a few minutes after opening.:mickey:

LouRodriGIS
06-26-2007, 04:12 PM
No alarms. I deal with that all week when I work. Between internal body clocks and adrenaline we rarely sleep in to the point where we do not get to the park gates before opening.

mook3y
06-26-2007, 04:13 PM
We never set an alarm at WDW. A rested kid is a happy kid with us. Usually my 6 & 9 yr olds end up going to bed at around 10-11PM. We like to sleep in, go to the pool until mid-afternoon and then off to the parks until close.

It sounds like I am doing just the opposite as what was written by other posters.

Your not alone! We will get a wake up call if something specific is planned, but otherwise, we like to get some rest on vacation! We just go for a little longer. Now.... if we could just get our DS5 to sleep in longer than 7am ;) Keeping him out late does help some.

January-2007
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
7:30. I can be ready in 5 minutes.

vamaggie
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I would do whatever the 10 month old usually does. If s/he is an early riser get up early. If s/he sleeps in, sleep in. I am a bit of a sleep freak when it comes to little ones so I sorta let their schedules dictate how things run. I usually plan for myself to get up about 30 minutes before they usually get up so I can shower,dress etc before having to get the kids started.

AllDisney
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Usually get wake up call between 7-7:30. It takes about 10 minutes to actually get out of bed. Shower, get dressed, eat breakfast and to the parks as they open for the day or shortly after.

We are known for opening & closing the parks when we are at WDW. We don't want to miss a thing:mickey:

TikiGoddess
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't need an alarm clock... I have two kids. :)

Seriously, the little ones are up at 6am no matter how late they've stayed up the previous evening. It's not a big deal since I love getting to the park before opening. The only time it hurts is when I've been in the parks until 2am enjoying EMH by myself and the kiddos get me up the next morning. But hey, it's Disney. I will sacrifice sleep to get into the parks.

TikiG

Clotho
06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
9am is the earliest. We are night owls and are always up late the night before, out at clubs or watching a movie or what have you. We eat bagels and cream cheese in the room and are out by 9:30 usually.

When we "sleep in", we don't set the alarm, but are usually up by 10am at the latest.

kathiep
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
If your 10 month old lets you sleep until 7:30, I am extremely jealous :envy:

I wouldn't really plan on anything. Let the little one's schedule determine what you do. It will make it a lot easier.

mickeysworld
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't need an alarm clock... I have two kids. :)

LOL - I'm in the same boat, plus one! Mickey usually calls around 06:30 but my 11 month old typically beats him to the punch! Between getting 2 little ones, a baby, one big baby - DH! and myself up, fed, dressed, and out to the bus stop, it's a monumental undertaking and we never seem to make it before park opening, which drives me crazy! Someday we'll get our act together!

biodtl
06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
6:00 or 6:30. I normally get up at 5:00, so that is sleeping in. Actually, if it were up to me (the family's Disney freak), we'd get up earlier. But the DH and kids would rather sleep in. Even then, getting them moving quickly is a feat, while I jump around in excitement.

Dyanna
06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
If your 10 month old lets you sleep until 7:30, I am extremely jealous :envy:

I wouldn't really plan on anything. Let the little one's schedule determine what you do. It will make it a lot easier.

I must be another lucky one. My DD started to sleep in til 7:30 am when she was just 3 months old. She is now 7 months old & when we go to WDW she will be 10 months. She does not go to sleep until 11pm. This works well for us as the parents go to sleep at 11:30pm.