PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast

lovewalt
06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the counter service version of Tonga Toast that they serve at Captain Cook's at the Poly? If so, how does it compare to the Kona Cafe's original version?

I tried Tonga Toast at Kona for the first time on my last trip and LOVED it.It would be great to hop over to the Poly when the mood strikes and get some without needing an ADR for it.I expect it would be smaller,which is fine since it's a rich dish,but is it as GOOD?

EvilQueen2006
06-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't have an answer, but I would like to know too. So I'm bumping this up. Anyone tried it? :confused:

jedi jen
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I am bumping it up too. I want to know if anyone has tried it. All the talk of Tonga Toast on Intercot has made me want to try it but I am not going to be staying at Poly and would love to be able to hop over to the CS and check it out.

Momof2boys
06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
We had it 3 times back in October - to me, the taste was just as delicious :tasty:

HOLITRIN
06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I have another question about the Tonga toast. The last visit we stayed at POR and had the Banana stuffed french toast at Boatrights on several morning breakfasts - YUM!!:thumbsup:. On our upcoming visit we are staying at CBR and I would really like the banana stuffed french toast but don't want to go through the hassle of taking a bus to a park and then another to POR. But, if we were to go the MK, we could hop on the monorail and have breakfast at Kona.

So the question is... is the Tonga toast similar or the same as the banana stuffed french toast at POR? :mickey:

angedeaile
06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
It does sound good and I have read plenty of threads about Kona saying it is delicious!

Infact, that is why I am making an ADR for breakfast at Kona!

I was pretty pumped to see that Kona also has eggy in a basket. Or as they call it, Goofy toast. All I know is, I can't wait for Kona!

HOLITRIN- Tonga Toast sounds just like banana stuffed french toast that you speak of...I really don't see what the difference would be between the two besides the name.