PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to have your AP voucher at the time of booking?

BriarRose
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
I asked this question a few months ago, but now as the time draws closer to the trip, I realize that I'm still confused.

When the AP nights discount becomes available, do they ask you for the voucher number as you are making the reservation, or just the discount code?

When we have had them in the past, I was told on the phone to show our AP at check in, otherwise we would be charged the full rack rate for the room. We were not required to actually have them as I booked the room and was given the AP nights discount. I just had to give the code. I then purchased the AP's as it got closer to the trip.

It's been four years since we've been there and sometimes things change.

DawsonAR
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
The last time I used the AP discount was in October of last year. They didn't need a voucher number. They told me to show my AP at the time of check in. At check-in I asked them if they needed to see it and they said no. I don't know if they have changed since October of last year. I hope not since I planning on booking AP again soon and won't purchase my pass until right before the trip.

DizneyRox
06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
When the AP nights discount becomes available, do they ask you for the voucher number as you are making the reservation, or just the discount code?

I think you mean IF they release AP discounts.

Normally you don't actually need an AP to book the rooms, but you will need an activated AP at check in or risk being charged rack rates, which are pretty significant.

KAJUNKING
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I asked this question a few months ago, but now as the time draws closer to the trip, I realize that I'm still confused.

When we have had them in the past, I was told on the phone to show our AP at check in, otherwise we would be charged the full rack rate for the room. We were not required to actually have them as I booked the room and was given the AP nights discount. I just had to give the code. I then purchased the AP's as it got closer to the trip.

It's been four years since we've been there and sometimes things change.

you do not need the voucher at booking, it is most of the time asked for at check in, a lot of people book an ap room and then buy the pass when they get there

epcot3
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
We checked into Fort Wilderness in April '07. At checkin, I was asked for my drivers license and my annual pass. Hope this helps.:mickey:

Mickey 101
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
We have checked in at least ten times with AP rates over the years and for some reason, have never been asked to show our passes. I'm not advising you to count on the same, but it seems like chances are, you wouldn't be required to show it even at check-in. As others stated, booking without one is definitely no problem. Have a great trip!! :mickey:

BriarRose
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the responses! We're not going until November, but historically the AP discounts come out in August for that time of year. I'm still waiting to see if they are even having any AP nights.

CanadianWDWFan
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Last summer we stayed at the BWI with the AP rate and we weren't asked to show our AP at check-in. Go figure.:shrug:

This is definitely not the norm. From what I have see and read you need the voucher or active AP at check-in.

DizneyRox
06-26-2007, 03:49 PM
This is definitely not the norm. From what I have see and read you need the voucher or active AP at check-in.
Official policy seems to indicate an ACTIVE AP is required. A voucher could be used to abuse the system.

CanadianWDWFan
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Official policy seems to indicate an ACTIVE AP is required. A voucher could be used to abuse the system.
At booking we were told that the AP voucher was good enough. Maybe the policy has changed in the last year.

MarkC
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
We've always booked without anything and bought an AP when checking in. Nobody has expressed any concern and it's worked every time.

DizneyRox
06-27-2007, 07:35 AM
At booking we were told that the AP voucher was good enough. Maybe the policy has changed in the last year.
I don't think the policy has changed, I just don't think CMs know the official policy. I believe The Rusty Scupper listed the official policy as ACTIVE AP REQUIRED not too long ago. Someone seems to be wrong, and since a voucher can be used to abuse the system, I'm faily certain that it's not supposed to be accepted, however I understand that many CMs do take it.