PDA

View Full Version : Why do rates come out so late?

Lillabelle00
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

I am looking to book a trip for early 2008. I was just wondering if anyone knew why WDW waits so long to release those rates (aside from the obvious..more time to decide on price increase). For those of us going early in the year..it cuts pretty close if not into the 6 month window for ADR. I am frustrated..I want to do it all now!!! :cool:
Thanks.

MNNHFLTX
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I think you pretty much stated the reason why the new rates for the successive year are usually not released very far in advance--Disney is probably looking at booking trends before deciding on rate increases. Or perhaps they are banking that people who booked with the old rates will not mind eating the difference once a vacation is planned.

Of course, you can always book your ADR's anyway and cancel/modify if your plans change.

angedeaile
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
OH I am with you there..I plan on going in January and regardless of the price increase, I figure I will just have to deal. Too late to change my mind by then.

My biggest gripe is the time they release the park schedules.

It looks like my 180 day will be cutting it close to when the schedule will be released....I am really hoping those are released the first week of July so I can pick good time frames for my ADRs.