PDA

View Full Version : How much does ITTBAB hurt?

PirateRogue
06-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I've been wondering that ever since I read about it in a guidebook that you get 'stung' by a bee in the show It's Tough To Be A Bug. I'm more confused since of what I read in another thread, people said it really hurt and others said it barely hurt at all. :confused:

So I'm starting a poll and see what wins out so I should know whether to lean over in my seat when the bees start buzzing or not.

froggygirl20one
06-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi,
I wish i could tell you but when i went to that show there was no bee. But i am guessing that it wouldnt hurt anymore than a normal bee sting. and plus pain feels different to everyone. But disney shows are not there to hurt you they are there to entertain u! so i bet there is nothing to worry about! ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

Sincerely,
Caitlyn :bee::bee::bee:

RockChalkKimball
06-25-2007, 07:19 PM
It's barely even a poke. Maybe it's just because my tushie is big, but I wouldn't say it even came close to hurting.

LudwigVonDrake
06-25-2007, 07:38 PM
It startles you more than anything.

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I definitely wouldn't say it hurt. It's a little poke. It's more the suggestion through the experience than it is the actual physical contact. I think some people get so worked up about bugs that they "feel" pain psychologically that isn't there physically.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I definitely wouldn't say it hurt. It's a little poke. It's more the suggestion through the experience than it is the actual physical contact. I think some people get so worked up about bugs that they "feel" pain psychologically that isn't there physically.

:exactly:

mook3y
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Definately startles you more than anything.

Kairi_7378
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
If you are really worried about the "sting" you can sit on the edge of your seat and you won't feel it at all (did this by accident on my first viewing.) It is more of a poke than a sting.

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm sitting here reading this post with my BF and neither one of us even remember the sting. Guess it didn't hurt at all.

mainemajor
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Definately startles you more than anything.

How very true. It wakes up anyone sleeping, too

TheMartellFamily
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
We call it a surprise more than anything else.

laward32
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I remember the bee, but don't remember a sting, so I guess it doesn't hurt. Either that or my seat wasn't working.:mickey:

Dizneyfan
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I remember seeing the bug but don't remember the sting either. I'm assuming that it does not hurt at all. After all I didn't even feel it. :bee::bee:

crazypoohbear
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm sitting here reading this post with my BF and neither one of us even remember the sting. Guess it didn't hurt at all.

I don't remember this either so it could not have been too tramatic:)

mickeynuts
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
It's a poke with something about the size of a finger, no big deal to most people. I have fibromyalgia though and to me a poke feels like a punch so I sit forward in the seat, but preFM it wouldn't have hurt me a bit.
:cool: Laura

r4kids
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I really don't recall any stinging:confused:. I don't think you have anything to worry about, it's a favorite of ours! 88 days:):):):)

EmcDuckRN
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I was talking (ok, whispering) my son (4 1/2) through the show and wasn't sitting all the way back, didn't feel anything.

Narawen
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Just scoot up to the edge of your seat and you won't feel it. You can kinda tell when it's about to happen, I just moved up and didnt feel a thing.

ghost999
06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
you want to know how it feels: it hurts so bad, i basically cried. i felt so bad for the rest of the day and i never wanted to have it happen again. just kidding it's basically the exact opposite.

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't remember anything about being stung. My DS is terrified of bees and he has never said anything about being stung. I don't think you need to worry.:mickey:

biodtl
06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I knew it was coming, so I wasn't startled by it, but I think even if I had been, I would never consider it painful. I can't imagine Disney intentionally inflicting pain on its guests (other than pain in the wallet!)

JPL
06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
It's really nothing to worry about. I f you think it will be a problem there is a simple cue to let you know when to sit up on the edge of the seats.

You will hear Hopper say something about Hornets and their stingers. simply scoot to the front to of the see and it will not even touch you.

princessjojo
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
First time I was sitting up with younger DS so I missed it. DH told me it was there though. Second time, I sat back so I could see what it was all about, and missed it again I guess. Either too much "body cushion" or it wasn't working in my seat. Either way, I would have to say it didn't hurt. Both DS felt it and said it was nothing more than the simple poke.

Llamaface23
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
So I'm a cheater. I sit on the edge of the seat through most of the show because it does hurt me. I think i'm most uncomfortable because of how the chairs are shaped -- I'm a little bony and sitting all the way back hurts my spine!

I dont think its too much to be worried about. If anything, the shock factor alone maximizes the bee sting.

PirateRogue
06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Mmm, thanks a bunch you guys. I just needed to know so I could warn anyone in my family, since the guidebook said it was a painful as did quite few people in the thread 'How scary is ITTBAB?' so I'm glad that so many replied. :thumbsup:

LandFan
06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
nothing much to worry about - just startles you!

DawsonAR
06-26-2007, 10:49 AM
It's really nothing. It did surprise me the first time but it didn't hurt. If you don't want to feel it at all, just don't sit with your back all the way on the back of the bench. :mickey:

Jared
06-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Many people in the theater scream when the bees start buzzing, but the sting is considerably more surprising than painful. It's a poke and nothing to worry about.

DNS
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I would also describe it as a finger jab. No pain, just funny.

GrmGrninGost
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
There is no sting. It's just a "poke". Like someone lightly jabbed you with their finger.

angedeaile
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I know alot of people miss the sting, because they were leaning forward or weren't leaning back all the way.

I was pushing alot of my weight back onto the bench...out of fear from the bugs coming right at me....meaning my back was pressed right against the bench when the stings happened.

Essentially, it is just a little plastic nub that pops out of your bench and "pokes" you.

Because my back was flat to the bench with me pushing back on it with alot of force, when it popped out, it was quite hard and hit a real sensitive spot on my lower back. Even thinking about it makes me cringe.

SO the point of this is, it is okay if you choose not to lean forward, but do NOT lean all the way back! That is when it will hurt. If you just sit normally on the bench, you should be fine and it will just feel like a lil cute poke.

serstar87
06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
the sting does not hurt at all. it is part of the effect of the movie and i think that if youre scared you should just sit back and enjoy the show, it's Disney after all, they wouldn't hurt you! If the sting was actually a STING could you imagine how many lawsuits they would get? trust me when i tell you that the "sting" just adds to the magic of ITTBAB. :mickey:

dizneygirl
06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
ok this ride does not HURT you. I'm not sure a ride that set out to intentionally hurt people would have gotten regulated to begin with! :) Remember, this IS Disney....they don't hurt people.
It is a poke...like if someone's stroller handle bumped into your back....or if your 5 year old kid was poking you in the back with his finger...
The hurtful part comes when (I hate bugs!) I get the "poke" and fly back in my seat....now THAT is as much pain (I am also the one in the show room that screams hysterically at the spiders!, yeah...I'm a wimp!) as you'll experience.
You'll love it....even I....bug hater...loves it :)

offero
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
it just catches you off guard for a sec that is it.

Pocahontas
06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't remember exactly how I was sitting in the chair, but I remember I was 'poked' right on a boney area of my vertebrea. It hurt enough that I needed to rub it a few seconds until it felt okay again. It wasn't a huge deal, but I would never sit back in my seat during that part of the show again.