PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade request worth it?

yasmina
06-25-2007, 06:27 PM
We are booked for ASMo at the end of July. I am considering calling and requesting a change to CBR. It would cost an additional $400 + change (unless they choose to do it w/o cost:mickey:) but I'm not counting on that.

DH & I are both smokers, and it looks like CBR has alot more DSAs that ASMo, which is part of the reason I am considering the switch.

In your opinion, is it worth it, or would you stick to the original ressie?

Thanks in advance!

Amy_617
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I would upgrade if it were me....and if the funds were available. We have stayed at both the value resorts and the moderate resorts....and we like the mods ALOT more. It's not just about the buses being less crowded, or the more options you have with food, it's the atmosphere. We have stayed at POR, and LOVED it! The fountains, flowers, and pathways around the resort are so peaceful and beautiful! Staying at that resort over any of the value really puts me and DH in a much more relaxed pace. When we stay at the values, it just seems very hectic. We are trying out Coronado Springs in Sept....but I'm not really sure about CBR. We have never stayed there, we walked around there once, but we felt that it didn't really hold a candle to POR (IMHO). I hope I was some sort of help. Have fun!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
If money isn't an issue, CBR is a huge upgrade over the values. However, if you won't be at your resort any more than just sleeping it wouldn't be worth it.

yasmina
06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
We actually are people who spend time at the resorts. Our daughter's best friend spends every minute at the parks, from opening to closing, but we need our breaks, particularly in the afternoon, in order to make it through the evening.

pox24
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I would try to upgrade, however try to select your location at CBR b4 asking. Find a resort map. Its a huge resort and if you are not close to the main hub its a long long walk to eat and shop. Maybe another choice like CS or POFQ may be a consideration. Just as nice but smaller and walking friendly. After all day in the parks who wants another hike to eat or swim.

Hammer
06-26-2007, 08:29 PM
If you you know that you would prefer a resort with more smoking areas, then you may want to look into moving since you know that is important to you. I have seen the resort maps on other sites and I am going suggest looking into Coronado Springs. It also has a fair amount of smoking areas but with less walking (at least I think so). Also, if you or anyone in your family enjoy pool time, the pool is really great there.

My sister and I were originally booked there but were able to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge for our trip in October. I asked her if she was okay with moving to a resort with less smoking areas (as she is the smoker and therefore would be the one inconvenienced). She was fine with it as she saw that they were well placed and not a far walk.