PDA

View Full Version : Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads Day 6

TinkiTime1989
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
**My First Ever Trip Report**

Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads

Cast of Characters:
My Dad: Don, 44- Looking forward to having fun and getting away from the “real world.”

My Mom: Marla, 43- Also looking forward to getting away from the “real world.”

Me: Erin, 18- Recent high school grad. Completely addicted to anything and everything Disney.

My Best Friend: Jessica, 18- Also a recent high school grad. Became a lover of WDW when we took her on her first trip ever last summer.

Location - Rodeway Inn Maingate- Suite w/ a Kitchen

The Trip
June 18- 23, 2007

Day 6- Star Wars Weekends, Dinner at San Angel Inn, and Magical Wishes

We woke up bright and early and grabbed a quick breakfast at McDonald's (yay for iced coffee!!), and we were off to MGM for Star Wars Weekends!! After much harassment from Storm Troopers we were allowed to enter the park. Dad took off searching for R2D2 Mr. Potato Head to complete our collection only to be told that all WDW stores were sold out. L Meanwhile mom, Jess, and I ran to get fastpasses for Tower of Terror and hopped in the standby line for Rock n’ Roller Coaster. We walked right on to RnRC and it was awesome as usual. By the time we finally found dad it was time to use our ToT fastpasses. After 13 years of countless trips I will admit that I had never ridden ToT. I’m not big on heights and I hate things that drop me. But dad somehow convinced me to actually ride it this time and I was terrified. I have never screamed so much in my life and when we got off the ride I was shaking like crazy. We were going to buy the picture to prove that I did finally ride it but some jerk in the front row put his hands up when the picture was taken and you couldn’t see our faces. :mad: That made me angry. I wanted a t-shirt and the one I wanted they didn’t have in the right size. They had small and XXL, but nothing in between. So I settled for a ToT trading pin. After all of this it was only about 10:00 a.m. and we had accomplished quite a bit. We decided to head towards Journey Into Narnia because we didn’t have a great view for it last year. The previews for the second movie look good. After Narnia we did the Great Movie Ride again and did even more shopping. Then it was back to the Magic of Animation to draw! We drew Goofy and even got to keep the imagineer’s drawing too. After that we headed back to the hotel for a break. We then went to EPCOT around 3:00 p.m. for at 4:30 p.m. dinner reservation at San Angel Inn. We checked in, rode the Gran Fiesta Tour again and waited a few minutes before being seated. The food was wonderful as usual and we left feeling nice and full. We went and rode Maelstrom in Norway and then took the monorail over to MK for Wishes. We found a nice place to sit on a big planter in the Rose Garden. Soon we were surrounded by ducks. Lots and lots of baby ducks. I had a packet of Cheez-Its Grips in the backpack so I shared with the little fuzzy ducklings. They were very cute and Jess and I name the 3 littlest ones. I believe they were Scooter, Puddles and Midget. Before long the 9:00 p.m. Spectromagic was starting and I had a new little friend. Sienna was about 5 years old and she was one of the cutest kids I’ve ever met. It was her first time ever at WDW and their trip was just one day to MK so she and her mom were trying to do it all. She watched Spectromagic with me intently and asked a lot of questions which I happily answered. I think I almost had more fun watching the expressions on her face than I did actually paying attention to the parade. She also became very interested in the trading pins another girl near us had. Soon it was time for Wishes and everyone around was excited. The fireworks were gorgeous and Tinker Bell flew right over our heads. Sienna was very excited about Tinker Bell and so, with permission from her mom, I decided to add a little more magic to her first trip. Once Wishes was over I bent down so that I was at eye level with her and told her that Tinker Bell had heard that it was her first trip and she wanted to give her something special. Then I pulled a Tinker Bell trading pin out of my pocket and gave it to her. Her little face lit up and it felt good to know that I had added a little extra magic to her first trip. After that we headed over to the Laugh Floor again. Dad got picked on this time so it was even more fun. After that we ended our trip with a final ride through Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and I finally won!

Final Thoughts:

This trip was a lot of fun and it was much needed. We all had a blast and because we weren’t rushing around trying to do everything we enjoyed ourselves a lot more. The only disappointment was the lack of “dreams.” Not once in four days in the parks did we see a single dream team member. We also never saw anyone with the dream ears or dream fastpasses. For the most part the CM’s we encountered were friendly and smiling but we also encountered several that didn’t seem to enjoy their jobs and were just plain rude and unpleasant. We rode up front in the monorail and the driver never even said as much as a simple “hello.” There was a lot more positive than negative, however, and in the end it was a great vacation. In fact, it was so great that mom and dad are already planning for the three of us to go back for Christmas! :santa::tree:

Dizneyfan
06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
:congrats: Graduate. Glad to see that you had a good time!!!:minnie::minnie:

faline
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I'll bet that Sienna will cherish the pin you gave her!

What a great way to end your trip!

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a great trip. And that girl will love that pin forever.

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip.

iheartmickey
06-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a fantastic end to a fantastic trip!

I love spreading magic when we're there too .... and I bet Sienna will never forget meeting you!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us I really enjoyed all the reports! :mickey:

starflyer59
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I really enjoyed your trip reports. :mickey:

We are booked to stay at the POP the week of Christmas.

I have always wanted to wake up at Disney on Christmas morning.

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
We rode up front in the monorail and the driver never even said as much as a simple “hello.”

Us too! Weird, isn't it?? Glad you had a fun trip, and to return for Christmas? Wonderful way to leave, knowing you're returning so soon! Thanks for the trip reports!

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 03:19 AM
Great report. I love gving out magic too, we gave a little girl and her brother light up koosh balls. It was fun. Its amazing what you notice through the eyes of a child.

We are going in Dec as well, 15-21, maybe we will see ya!!

Congrats on graduating, what's your future plans?

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:58 AM
I have been enjoying your reports, and I was almost done with them and then you got me right at the end. Erin, that was such a sweet thing you did with the Tinkerbell pin for little Sienna. You got some good Disney Karma in your bank for that one! Wonderful, sweet ending to a very nice trip. Thanks for sharing it all with us. :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks for sharing !