PDA

View Full Version : Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads Day 5

TinkiTime1989
06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
**My First Ever Trip Report**

Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads

Cast of Characters:
My Dad: Don, 44- Looking forward to having fun and getting away from the “real world.”

My Mom: Marla, 43- Also looking forward to getting away from the “real world.”

Me: Erin, 18- Recent high school grad. Completely addicted to anything and everything Disney.

My Best Friend: Jessica, 18- Also a recent high school grad. Became a lover of WDW when we took her on her first trip ever last summer.

Location - Rodeway Inn Maingate- Suite w/ a Kitchen

The Trip
June 18- 23, 2007

Day 5- A Major Change in Plans

After a discussion while leaving MGM the night before we decided that we were all tired and the heat was zapping us. We all wanted to be able to enjoy our last day in the parks. So when we returned to the hotel that night mom and dad stopped at the front desk to see if we could get our room for an extra night. They were told to check back in the morning when the manager was there. Since we didn’t know if we were going to have a free day or not we got up at 6:30 a.m. in preparation for Star Wars Weekends at MGM just in case. Mom and Dad went to the front desk again and came back with good news. The room was ours for an extra night. Today would be a free day. Since we were already awake and dressed and it was only 7:00 a.m. we decided to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. After a nice big breakfast that was about a million times better than the stuff from Sunshine Seasons the day before we went to Festival Bay Mall for some shopping. Then we went to Downtown Disney for more shopping. We like to shop. J Once we were all shopped out we went back to the hotel for a nice 3 hour nap. After our nap we headed off to Universal’s City Walk for dinner at Margaritaville. Jamaican chicken wings, crab cakes, steak, salmon and a few strawberry daiquiris later we were all stuffed. From there we went to Downtown Disney Westside for a while before turning in for the night.

Next Up: Star Wars Weekends, Dinner at San Angel Inn, and Magical Wishes

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a nice relaxing day.

faline
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
What a nice, relaxed day you had! It's good you were able to add the extra day!

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
What nice change in plans.

iheartmickey
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm glad it worked out you could stay the extra day ... 'cause your relaxing day sounds like lots of fun.

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Yay! An extra day to relax and then back to the parks, that's great! Thanks for the trip report!

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 03:13 AM
I am so jealous.....Sounds like fun.:D

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I am sure that a day of rest felt great after the Florida heat had been working of you all week. Love a day of shopping! :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks for sharing !