PDA

View Full Version : dining plan or DDE? your preference

Crow
06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
i had DDE when i had an AP
i just tried the DDP.
lots of food using DDP and i ate dinner instead of lunches like otherwise. too much food mayb
tip is included (at least for now)
DDE works on alcohol w meals too:thumbsup:
DDE you can get as Fl resident or AP
DDP you have to have at least a 1 day ticket.
anyone tried both? im not sure which i prefer.
mayb better resort rate sometimes w AP and the alcohol discount is good w DDE.
right now, im booked for free dining in Sept and AAA rate at WL for 2 nights.
the AP rates look appealing, but not avail at WL or Poly on my date...and id have to get an AP, but Boardwalk may b avail which ive never stayed at.
back to topic
which do you prefer,DDP or DDE?

robhink
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Well since I don't have an AP, since I only go once per year I'll never get a chance to experience the DDE, I've enjoyed the DDP when I used it a couple of years ago and will be using the DDP again this year. Now both times that I've gotten the DDP it's been a free dining offer, I don't think I'd use it if I had to purchase it.

#1disneyfan
06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey Crow! Still in PA i see!

Can you only get the DDE if you are a AP or FL resident? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it! We love the DDP, but will not be using it this time around.

Crow
06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
yes im still in PA....ex is still at Disney.
have to do that PA divorce thing.
i liked both DDE & DP for certain things.
as mentioned the DDE :beer::marg:discount was good.
DP inc the tip was good.
yes the DDE is for Fl res, AP holders. mayb for DVC not sure.

Checkers
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
:mickey:DDE is for AP holders & FL residents only. We are DVC owners and have APs and prefer the DDE over the DP. We like the option that :marg:are included in the 20 percent and the fact that if we are just not hungry one day we can adjust accordingly without feeling we are losing $. Also, we have used the DP in the past and felt it was just too much food for us. Each person is different and should decide which fits with them. Good luck with your decision!

snifflesmcg
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Crow! Still in PA i see!

Can you only get the DDE if you are a AP or FL resident? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it! We love the DDP, but will not be using it this time around.

I'm your neighbor....literally. I'm in Easton.