PDA

View Full Version : Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads Day 4

TinkiTime1989
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
**My First Ever Trip Report**

Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads

Cast of Characters:
My Dad: Don, 44- Looking forward to having fun and getting away from the “real world.”

My Mom: Marla, 43- Also looking forward to getting away from the “real world.”

Me: Erin, 18- Recent high school grad. Completely addicted to anything and everything Disney.

My Best Friend: Jessica, 18- Also a recent high school grad. Became a lover of WDW when we took her on her first trip ever last summer.

Location - Rodeway Inn Maingate- Suite w/ a Kitchen

The Trip
June 18- 23, 2007

Day 4- EPCOT and Disney-MGM Studios

We started the morning back at EPCOT again because we missed most of Future World the day before. Mom, Jess, and I went straight to Mission: Space while dad grabbed fast passes for Soarin’. We all met up for breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. After the wonderful lunch there the day before we were looking forward to a good breakfast, boy were we in for a shock. Breakfast was terrible. The eggs were soupy, the bacon was dripping in grease, the potatoes were undercooked, and there was no butter or jelly for the dry biscuits. We all picked at it for a while before giving up on breakfast all together. Next we walked over to Ellen’s Energy Adventure for a 45 minute journey through air conditioned darkness. I think I fell asleep because I realized that we were almost at the end and some of the middle parts seemed to be missing. Ooops. :blush: By the time we were done with Ellen’s it was time for our Soarin’ fast passes and before long we were flying over California again. We then headed to the Electric Umbrella for burgers and fries before heading back to the hotel for an afternoon break from the scorching heat. After our break we were off to MGM. We went straight to the Great Movie Ride. After our journey through the movies we headed to the Magic of Animation area where we saw a great preview for Ratatouille. The drawing class filled up before we could get to it because we were too busy playing the little games. Oh well. So we left with plans to come back and draw later. Mom, Jess, and I then decided to ride Star Tours. Dad sat this one out because his back was bothering him. We found him afterwards. By this time it was around 7:45 p.m. so we decided to stake out some seats for Fantasmic! After a brief stop at the popcorn stand for souvenir POTC popcorn buckets and mugs, Jess and I went and sat down while mom and dad went in search of McDonald’s french fries and a turkey leg. After about 15 minutes we called them to find out what was taking so long. The french fry stand was out of french fries!?! How does that happen? After about 30 minutes of waiting mom and dad found Jess and I, but where was the turkey leg? In all the confusion about the fries they had forgotten about it. Oh well, we got over it. About 30 minutes before the show was scheduled to start the crowd became restless. The wave was started and everyone joined in. It went back and forth for a good 10 minutes. It was fun and everyone clapped at the end. Soon it was about 9:20 p.m. The show was supposed to have started at 9:00 p.m. Then the dreaded voice came over the loud system. “This performance of Fantasmic has been temporarily stopped” *gasp* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Then the crowd became VERY restless...chants of "Mickey, Mickey" began and we all knew that if something didn’t happen soon there would be problems. Finally after about 15 minutes of everyone refusing to leave our seats the voice came back. God is that you? No not quite, but Fantasmic was back on and would begin shortly! YAY! The lights went out and the show began. It was awesome as usual. Once it was over it was time for the four of us to make a hurried trek back to the Art of Disney store in the Animation area to buy a Tinker Bell figurine that I has seen earlier in the day. Seventy dollars later and completely exhausted we walked back to the car.

Next Up: Our final day in the parks? No. More like a major change in plans.

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Never heard of a Fantasmic show being delayed.

faline
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
It's good that they got Fantasmic back on track! It would be pretty frustrating to wait for it and then not be able to see it!

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for sharing.

iheartmickey
06-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Sounds like you had another GREAT day. I can't imagine what it was like waiting for Fantasmic! withe all those restless people. I think I'd start getting nervous! Glad you stuck it out and enjoyed it!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the trip report, can't wait to find out what the change of plans is.

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Sounds like an awesome day, sorry about the fries and trukey leg though.

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:50 AM
I am glad that you were able to see Fantasmic afterall! Sounds like another fun day for your crew. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:22 AM
thanks for sharing !