PDA

View Full Version : Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads Day 2

TinkiTime1989
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
**My First Ever Trip Report**

Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads

Cast of Characters:
My Dad: Don, 44- Looking forward to having fun and getting away from the “real world.”

My Mom: Marla, 43- Also looking forward to getting away from the “real world.”

Me: Erin, 18- Recent high school grad. Completely addicted to anything and everything Disney.

My Best Friend: Jessica, 18- Also a recent high school grad. Became a lover of WDW when we took her on her first trip ever last summer.

Location - Rodeway Inn Maingate- Suite w/ a Kitchen

The Trip
June 18- 23, 2007

Day 2- Magic Kingdom

We forgot to set the wake-up alarm the night before so we got out a little later than expected, but made it to MK by around 9:15 a.m. Once we were in it was off to POTC for our first ride of the trip. We walked right on with no wait. Little did we know, the concept of walking on rides with no wait would become the norm for this trip. Pirates was amazing. This was the first time we had been on it since the refurb. and I was pleased with the additions. We all agreed that it was a nice little update to an old classic. After Pirates and a little shopping it was off to the Country Bear Jamboree. Since we had skipped breakfast to get to the park quickly we were all ready for lunch after this so we decided to try Columbia Harbor House. We had never eaten here before so we weren’t exactly sure what to expect. Dad, Jess, and I all had the Captain’s Special fish/chicken combo which was very good. Mom had the Chicken BLT Salad which she said was also very good. We then rode It’s a Small World and wandered around the shops on Main Street for a while before heading out for an afternoon break to check on the dogs and take a quick nap. Feeling refreshed and energized we headed back to MK. The park was open until 12:00 a.m. so we were ready for some serious riding. Once again we walked right on to POTC. We decided that since we were on vacation calories did not exist and we opted to have french fries for dinner. But not just any french fries, Figaro Fries! So it was off to Pinocchio’s Village Haus. After devouring the cheesy, bacon-y, ranch-dressing covered goodness we walked onto It’s a Small World. From there we headed back over to Adventure Land for the Jungle Cruise. It was a lot of fun, especially since it was dark. After the cruise we headed to Tomorrow Land and rode the TTA, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and the Laugh Floor Comedy Club. The Laugh Floor was a lot of fun, but there will be more on that later. After that we went back over to Fantasy Land and walked on all of the rides while most people in the park were watching Wishes. After that Jess and I decided that it was time to try to break our record from last year of 6 consecutive rides on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night. Unfortunately it was not meant to be as we were stopped by the 11:00 p.m. Spectromagic Parade. With nothing better to do we watched the parade and were blinded multiple times by a lady who did not understand the concept of turning off the flash on her camera. As soon as the parade was over and the rope was gone mom and dad looked at me and jess and said GO! So we ran all the way to Big Thunder Mountain and walked right on. We refused to get off after the first ride and the CM’s didn’t care because there was no line. We rode a total of 4 times without getting off and were lucky enough to be on the last train of the night. It was a lot of fun. We ended the night with a little shopping on Main Street before driving back to the hotel for the night.

Next Up: EPCOT

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
sounds like another great day

faline
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Hmmm! I thought I already read this report. I must have forgotten to respond!

Great Magic Kingdom day!

faline
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Not me! Post got duplicated somehow!