PDA

View Full Version : Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads Day 1

TinkiTime1989
06-25-2007, 04:30 PM
**My First Ever Trip Report**

Mom, Dad, and the Brand New Grads

Cast of Characters:
My Dad: Don, 44- Looking forward to having fun and getting away from the “real world.”

My Mom: Marla, 43- Also looking forward to getting away from the “real world.”

Me: Erin, 18- Recent high school grad. Completely addicted to anything and everything Disney.

My Best Friend: Jessica, 18- Also a recent high school grad. Became a lover of WDW when we took her on her first trip ever last summer.

Location - Rodeway Inn Maingate- Suite w/ a Kitchen

The Trip
June 18- 23, 2007

Day 1- The Drive Down and our Beaches & Cream Adventure

Monday morning Jess and I were upstairs by the front door with all of our stuff waiting by around 5:30 a.m. We figured that mom and dad would be ready by 6:00 a.m. so we sat on the couch. Apparently we fell asleep and the next thing we knew it was 7:00 a.m. and they were just bringing their stuff downstairs, so we didn't leave until around 8:00 a.m. So much for getting out early. After a pretty uneventful 7 hour drive we arrived in beautiful, sunny Orlando and checked in at the hotel. Once we got everything unloaded and got the dogs settled in we were off to Wal-Mart. Why Wal-Mart you may ask--because mom left the bag with toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, etc on the bathroom counter back at the house. After our little trip to Wal-Mart we went to the Outlet Malls to check out Character Premiere and then it was off to the Florida Mall for a while. Once we were shopped out we decided to try to tackle the infamous Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream.
We went to the Boardwalk and wandered around like lost idiots looking for Beaches & Cream since that is where we thought it was. Little did we know it wasn't at the Boardwalk but it was over at the Beach Club. Apparently I should have done a little more research on this. The CM's at the Boardwalk didn't know where it was either so asking them did us no good. We eventually wandered all the way around the lake and over to the Beach Club. Then we wandered around outside the Beach Club. Then we wandered around inside the lobby of the Beach Club. Beaches & Cream was nowhere to be found and we were getting frustrated by this point so we decided hey lets just ask someone who works here. Brilliant! With a little guidance we were off and we finally made it to Beaches & Cream. Then we had an hour wait. But alas we were seated and it was time to attempt to conquer the infamous Kitchen Sink. In the end it kicked our booties but we made a valiant effort.

Next Up: Our first day in the parks, POTC, and our attempt to break an old ride record.

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a nice start to your trip.

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a great start. Good thing you had your car to make a stop at Wallmart.

faline
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
At least you had a chance to get hungry while looking for Beaches & Cream! Trying to tackle the Kitchen Sink must have been great fun!

iheartmickey
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a great way to start a vacation!
I've always wanted to tackle the Kitchen Sink .... glad you enjoyed it!

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the trip report! Beaches and Cream is somewhat elusive and hard to find. Glad you had a good first day!

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 03:00 AM
oops, you overslept.....oh well, no biggie, sounds interesting.

sleepingbooty
06-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you made a good effort on the kitchen sink, we might try to conquer it ourselves in September:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Kudos for attempting to tackle that Kitchen Sink! Looks like you had a nice trip down and are all settled and ready to hit the parks. :mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:07 AM
thanks for the report!