PDA

View Full Version : Brother and Sister Disney Trip Day 5...Not a magical ending!!!

grego77
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Tuesday was our LAST day at WDW. We got up extra early and packed. We went to the luggage holding area, and left out luggage with them. We walked to the busses and quickly boarded our bus to MK. We got there right before the park opened. We saw the opening ceremony and loved it. We first ran to Space Mountain and rode it. Amazing as usual:cool:. We got a FP for it, and decided to do Buzz one more time. I won (again!). We walked to Fantasyland and surprisingly it was a bit crowded. We still got through Snow White, Small World (yes I love it!) and Peter Pan before heading back to Space Mtn for one last ride. It was just as great as it usually is!!! We did Mickey’s Philharmagic, my personal favorite, and headed to lunch at Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We walked to Haunted Mansion and only had two momentary breakdowns:thumbsup: (I am SOO looking forward to the ride being refurbished!). We did Pirates and finally did Tiki Room before heading back to Philharmagic ONE MORE TIME!:cloud9: It truly sums up Disney for me…humor, magic, songs, and FUN. We were a little tired by now and I needed to make a phone call, except for the fact that I could NOT find my phone. It was lost:(. What a bummer. I went to City Hall…no phone…Space Mtn/Pirates/Haunted Mansion/Fantasyland rides…NO PHONE. I was so upset, but knew it was no use being too upset, and so I just hoped it would show up before we left. That didn’t happen. I got a number for lost and found and was told to call the next day. We got a couple professional photos done before getting my last Dole Float, and leaving the Mouse’s house. Of course our bus JUST left as we were walking to our stop (the last one btw!). 20mins later, we got on the bus and headed to POP…without my beloved cell phone:mad:.

We got to POP and took the bus to Orlando Airport with no problem. We got to the gate, and still no problem. We got on the plane, and then were told there’s a problem. The left wing had a leak and it needed to be fixed:(. This was a HUGE problem because our flight was the LAST one back to Boston for the night. We would either have to wait till 11pm OR stay overnight. Since no one would be able to pick us up from the airport the next morning, we stuck it out. We got a voucher for food at the food court…yet the food court was in ANOTHER TERMINAL and the TERMINALS WERE CLOSED:mad:!! They did give us water and some plane snacks, but obviously not enough. We finally got on the plane and took off at 11:30. We got to BOS at 2:20, and were home by 3ish. Not a great way to end a trip…but oh well.

Yes, I did get my cell back 4 days later…and it fell on Space Mountain. So there’s the happy ending:mickey:. Overall the trip was a lot of fun, and I was so happy to see Amanda’s face actually being able to UNDERSTAND everything going on. That was worth it for me…right there. Thanks for reading and I can’t wait to go back for FREE DINING in Sept!!!!

faline
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I always like to spend my park day in the Magic Kingdom as well. Whew! I'll bet you were relieved that your cell phone was found and returned!

Lizzie
06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow I can't believe you got your cell phone back.

offwego
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
sorry about your phone..glad you did get it back.

Those vouchers never seem to work out do they? I had one where they wrote the wrong year on it so I couldn't use it..thank you for sharing yoru trip with us. It was a lot of fun to read.

mttafire
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I always like to spend my park day in the Magic Kingdom as well. Whew! I'll bet you were relieved that your cell phone was found and returned!
We to spend our last day at rhe M.k. also. Its GREAT to know there is good people out there and returned your phone!
:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
06-26-2007, 10:42 PM
I just finished reading all your trip reports!

It sounds like the two of you had so much fun. You really got a lot accomplished! :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing with us!

January-2007
06-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the trip report! Glad you and your sister had a great vacation and she was able to understand all the shows, sounds like a fun time was had by all. Too bad your ending wasn't the best ever, but you'll be back very soon!

disneydrmr
06-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Wow! I can't believe you got the phone back either! Just goes to show there are some honest people in the world! Overall it sounds like you and Amanda had a great time! It's so wonderful that you two get along so well.. I've enjoyed reading your reports! Sept. will be here before you know it!:mickey:

grego77
06-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the kind words! I really enjoyed sharing the experience.

Can't wait till Sept! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-01-2007, 12:28 AM
I love the Lost and Found people. We foolishly left my cell phone charger and my I can't sleep without it pillow when we checked out. I was sure they were gone forever. I didn't realize it till after we got home and I was sitting on my bed getting ready to crawl in it. This was midnight. So the next morning I called, CM asked my name and resort and room number and a couple clicks later, she told me what I left behind. Within a couple days, I had everything back at home. So, I am glad you got your phone back but sorry about your flight. Just think though, they could have NOT fixed the wing....who knows what could have happened. So it sounds like your delay was worth it in the end.
Thanks for the great report!!

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
thanks for sharing !

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm glad that you got your phone back and you both got home safely. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-05-2007, 01:36 AM
I am so sorry your trip ended poorly. It sounds like the rest of the trip was great though! Thank so much for sharing it with us!:D