PDA

View Full Version : SNL Favorite Castmember

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Who is your favorite castmember of all time??? Mine has to be Cheri Oteri. I love it when she did the pharmacy lady, and the Burger Castle lady. She was hilarious!

(You can submit your own person or vote from the poll)

SBETigg
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Dana Carvey is my all-time favorite. Every now and then, I end up singing "Chopping Broccoli" and it still cracks me up. Will Ferrell is funny, too, but he needs a little more cowbell.

ChipnDaleGal
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
This was hard. Will Ferrell is my favorite as far as his post SNL career goes. You didn't include my favorite woman - Gilda Radner. I think she was a genious! I ended up voting for Martin Short because he always made me laugh. Another of my favorites not included in your poll is Dana Carvey. Church Lady is my all time favorite SNL character. So many great talented people to choose from in the long history of this show! :thumbsup:

mouseaddict
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Another vote for Gilda Radner..if she was on the list! I went with Mike Myers because I loved all of his skits. He also made one of my favorite movies.."So I married and Axe Murderer!" I find some of the newer cast members are almost trying too hard to be funny. We need another pole..favorite Weekend update anchor!

alphamommy
06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I voted for Dan Ackroyd, but the other two I would have selected aren't on the list - Gilda Radner and John Belushi. Guess I'm old school...

indytraveler
06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Dana Carvey is my favorite. Church Lady and his Ross Perot were hilarious

i'm grumpy
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Dana! I loved it when the Church Lady played catch with Joe Montana. "Hit me Joey".:D

Jenemmy
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Dana Carvey is my all-time favorite. Every now and then, I end up singing "Chopping Brocolli" and it still cracks me up. Will Ferell is funny, too, but he needs a little more cowbell.

ROFL!!! Oh my gosh -- the memories you just brought back! "My lady, she went downtown...she bought some.....broccoli, she brought it Ho-ome...." BWahahahahahahahah! I still remember the look on Phil Hartman's face when he was watching that, too....

ibrowse17
06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Had to go with Mike Meyers. Wayne's World and the Scottish guy are some of my all time favs. The best thing I ever saw on SNL was Will Ferrell in the Cow Bell skit:thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
The best thing I ever saw on SNL was Will Ferrell in the Cow Bell skit:thumbsup:

:ditto: Love Will Ferrell!! Just looking at that guy makes me laugh!

2Epcot
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a lot of favorite cast members. Choosing one from the list in this poll I would probably pick Will Ferrell, though I really enjoyed Cheri Oteri, and Chris Fareley as well.
Not mentioned, I always enjoyed David Spade. I think Darrell Hammond is great. He also happens to be the longest running cast member in SNL history. One of my new favorites is Amy Poehler. I loved her before SNL when she used to play Andy Richter's little sister during skits on Late Night with Conan O'Brian. I never laughed so much when she would come on and beat up Andy.

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Most of my favorites aren't even on the list....my vote would be Dana Carvey probably followed by Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy and so on. I didn't even vote because it's like chosing between your favorite child. I have some trivia for ya......Steve Martin was never officially a cast member. He hosted so many times that most thought he was but he wasn't.

A Foolish Mortal
06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
My two favorite phrases now....

"Simmer down now!!"

&

"Good kid, GOOD KID!"

I don't know what I would do without Cheri Oteri!

RAIDER
06-26-2007, 03:47 AM
It has to be Steve Martin for me simply because of King Tut :number1::D

GrmGrninGost
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Nobody was funnier than Eddie Murphy!

TheDuckRocks
06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Hands down Gilda!!!

Marilyn Michetti
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
O.K., I TRY, I really do, but this one is "lost in space" to my (cough), old brain.

What is an SNL anything? I'm :blush: clueless !

Mickey91
06-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I love Steve Martin! He got my vote! But, my two fave characters were Eddie Murphy's Mr. Robinson and Dana Carvey's Church Lady!

A Foolish Mortal
06-27-2007, 08:40 PM
SNL stands for Saturday Night Live.

ImagiAsh
06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh I wish I could have picked multiple ones. Anyone for Ana Gasteyer? I thought she was hilarious!

GrmGrninGost
07-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Where is John Belushi?:confused:

Stickey
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
John Belushi!:cool:

kaerbear178
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I went with Eddie Murphy. I think he's hilarious. :)

cjb121879
07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I went with Chris Farley because I think he was hilarious. I almost picked Eddie Murphy, but it is so hard to disassociate him with all of the asinine movies he has made in the last few years (Dreamgirls notwithstanding). However, many women are conspicuously absent from this list. Tina Fey, though she didn't appear in a bunch of skits, was hands-down the most funny person on SNL in the last few years. She started as a writer and as a result, many of the skits we thought were funny in the last couple of years had a lot to do with her. Plus, what about Mean Girls? She wrote it and it was fantastic! Also, I love Maya Rudolph. She has this amazing dead-pan, poker face when she is saying the most ridiculous things. I love it when she used to do Donatella Versace. I also liked Tracy Morgan (not a woman;))- he was not given a lot of chance to shine, but the little we did see of him was amazingly funny. Anybody remember the "Brian Fellows" skit he did?

pedro2112
07-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow, a poll on the best of SNL and you don't have the two best on the list? No Belushi or Phil Hartman. Plus, a lot of the great women aren't on there.

LibertyTreeGal
07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
slim pickins on those choices... I voted for Dan Ackroyd.

Best of all time -- two comic geniuses

Gilda Radner and John Belushi

I mean, I'd take Emily Latella and the Samauri over any of the other people's characters.

That being said, the debates between Dan and Jane Curtain made me laugh until I thought I'd die....