PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming to Magic Kingdom VMK Central

WDWizard
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Quote from Screamscape..

Now we pop back over to Disney World and the Magic Kingdom where we’ve heard some stores may be shuffled around soon. Apparently when construction on the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique starts in the Castle the Kings Gallery construction will start on Main Street. Then the VMK (Virtural Magic Kingdom) store location will be removed from it’s turn of the century main street location and sent to the Space Mountain arcade building.

I dont like this change because VMK Central is in a very convenient location right now on Main Street. Makes it easier because you pick up quests as you enter the park and drop them off as you leave. Oh well. Where is the SM Arcade Building?

janmathatter
06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
It's right there at Space Mountain.

Chescat
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Wow, you figured that out all by yourself? :funny:

You got the feeling that WDW is having the same run around DLR is. We were told and it was writing all over that there was going to be a VMK booth in the Animation Building in DCA. Guess not huh. :(

WDWizard
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:I know exactly where it is now. Lol;)

Interesting thing to note.. In the game, VMK central on Main Street is based on the real life version in the MK. If they close Main Street's VMK Central in MK and move it, I wonder if VMK's VMK Central will reflect the same change.

WDWizard
06-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Another rumor from MickeyNews:

As reported on 3/8/07 the "Bibiddi-Bobbitti Boutique" will have another shop in Cinderella's Castle replacing the "King's Gallery" in late July or August. The King's Gallery was to move into the "Virtual Magic Kingdom" on Main St. and they in turn were to move to "Mickey's Toontown."

However, according to close sources, Disney has decided not to re-open the King's Gallery. I spoke to several of the artists in the Gallery and they have told me that a meeting was held to advise them of the decision. One artist will be transferred to Downtown Disney and the other to the Watch Store on Main St.

Therefore, as of this writing, soon after the start of July, the renovations will begin on the new Boutique and now sadly, the Gallery will be no more. The Gallery was closed once before, but a flood of complaints from Guests who love shopping for one-of-a-kind prints, drawings, statues of Disney Characters and of course, those beautiful Arriba Brothers glass and crystal creations will have to start again, I know I will miss that shop.

This rumor was posted in April, so not sure how true it is now. I think it would make more sense to remove the King's Gallery all together than have this moving of all these shops. Why does VMK Central have to get the boot though? Right now, the new Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique is supposed to open on September 10th, and the King's Gallery (A shop on the walkway by the castle) will close on July 4th. I guess this means VMK Central will be moving to Tomorrowland if they want to place King's Gallery in the VMK Central area. VMK Central makes more sense thematically in Tomorrowland, but I'll still miss the convenience of having it on Main Street.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Interesting thing to note.. In the game, VMK central on Main Street is based on the real life version in the MK. If they close Main Street's VMK Central in MK and move it, I wonder if VMK's VMK Central will reflect the same change.

Maybe or maybe not. Tomorrowland is full of rooms as it is, and they're all in that sci-fi theme. VMK Central in the game looks like it belongs in Main Street because of its decor. DLR's VMK is in Tomorrowland but it's just a booth and some computers inside Innoventions I think. Maybe they'll change the look of VMK Central in WDW? :scratch:

WDWfanatic742
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
If they do move it, it shouldn't be that bad of a change, especially for people like us, who have the answers to these quests. For people who have to do them, it will be very interesting. Go to Space Mountain in the morning and then they will have to start on that side of the park. No use in going to the left in starting their day. Then maybe we can get a setup like VMK Central at Disneyland in Innoventions. Anything is better than what it is like right now with no good or working computers in there anymore.

Patricia
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
It makes sense they'd move it to the arcade because they are game terminals.. but let's not even worry about the convenience of turning in the quests on Main Street. When they moved VMK Central in Disneyland they removed the quests. They will likely do the same in WDW.

I think the days of questing will be changing to short term quests only.

WDWizard
06-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Hopefully this new change will give attention to VMK Central and persuade management to install newer computers or fix the current computers there. Won't make sense to transfer a broken computer to the new Tomorrowland VMK Central. But if they are cheap, then they will probably just install the current working computers and forget about the broken ones.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
LMAO umm duh its the build you exit into after the ride. lol

But yes it should stay on Main Street, because it's easy to get your cards and just leave. But at least their not moving it into fantasyland.

trackbarroness
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
If they did move VMK central to our arcade that would make it easy or me to umm visit the place. :D Seeing how it would be very close to where I work. :D Lol
Even though I spend 6 days a week now in MK you all know in costume I can't leave TL except if I'm working the parade then I can go near the hub in front of the castle. :cool: