PDA

View Full Version : Disney in May

MindyMouse
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if you could give me some insight about crowd levels in May.

We are planning our trip for May, 2009. I don't want to get stuck in terrible crowds.

Are there weeks that are better? Thanks so much for your tips!!

minnie-mouse
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
We have been there in the first week of May and the crowds were not bad at all. I don't remember waiting much at all for anything. I do remember a lot of afternoon rain showers though.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
We went in May two years in a row. Last year we went May 13th - 20th. We arrived the day before Mother's Day. It was crowded but not too crowded. This year we went a week later - the 19th - 25th. The crowds were much lighter, until the Friday before Memorial Day, when the crowds were heavy. The weather was great - in the 80's and not too humid. Just look out for the love bugs. They drove my kids to near hysteria!

faline
06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
May is usually a great time to visit! It's one of my favorite times to be there! Crowds are generally low to moderate and the weather is usually great! I find the earlier part of the month is better for crowds. They do tend to pick up later in the month as many schools begin to let out for the summer.

06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
We went the same week as Amy. The 19th - 25th. I agree with her, the crowds were not bad at all & the weather was great. Sunny & warm everyday & only had a very brief shower one evening. The love bugs were around, but it didn't bother us at all.

Tigerlilly
06-26-2007, 07:45 AM
We have been twice in May and will probably make it our week to go every time we go. We went the last few days of April into the first week of May.

Only waited for character sigs and Soarin'

luvdiznee
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
We were there about a month ago from today, and crowds didn't bother me. Just a few standing times on the busses but that's a given. Weather was great. But so much can change in 2 years. Have a great time. :mickey:

sillyolbear
06-26-2007, 08:52 AM
May is a great time to go. The weather is nice and the crowds manageable particularly early to mid-month.

milhouse
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
We were there May 5th to 12th. Crowds were light to moderate. It seemed to start light early in the week and picked up later in the week. Friday at MK was pretty full with lots of school groups.

The Love Bugs were pretty heavy at times but they were harmless.

Lynn J Mc
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
We went May 20-26 this year. Crowds were manageable as was the weather. High 80's low 90's. Love bugs were bad! They don't bite or anything they are just bugs and I hate bugs!!
We had a great time and minimal waits for most rides. We were able to fast pass the most popular ones.

Dsnygirl
06-26-2007, 10:07 AM
:mickey: We went in May last year, the first week. We didn't really feel it was crowded at all - we had very few waits, esp. with FP's. It was hot, mid 80's with one day in the low 90's, but somehow, we didn't really notice it too much. Must be that Disney magic... :D

Anyway - we liked it well enough that we're thinking of doing May again after our next trip... have fun planning!

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 11:04 AM
We always, with the exception of last July for our wedding, take our trip in May. I prefer the first two weeks. Schools haven't let out yet in the south so the crowds aren't bad. Later in the month, schools are letting out, and the crowds do get a little bigger. Have a great time and enjoy yourselves.

MindyMouse
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks so much everyone.

I think we will be considering the early part of the month. I'm glad to hear that it will be warm enough to do some swimming, though!

As for the love bugs . . . :ack:I hate bugs, but I'd do anything to go to Disney. Even putting up with a "few" bugs!

Is it may, 2009 yet?

Alpha Jeanie
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
We were there May 25-31, 2006. We did not wait longer than 15 minutes for anything, including buses, boats, rides, dining (with ADR's). We thought the crowds were light. I figured that it would be more crowded on Memorial Day itself and it was not. We spent Memorial Day at Epcot and had a wonderful day.
We loved that week so much that we plan to be back there May 23-June 4, 2008. Can't wait!!

My son's birthday is May 29th, so we go during that week to celebrate his birthday!!

I think that you will experience light crowds anytime you go in May. I would possibly avoid Mother's Day weekend.

faline
06-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I think that you will experience light crowds anytime you go in May. I would possibly avoid Mother's Day weekend.

I've been several times over Mother's Day weekend and found this to be a great time to be in the World! I wouldn't hesitate to be there over this weekend again - though I might avoid Magic Kingdom on Mothers' Day itself.

playdead88
06-30-2007, 07:53 PM
we went two years in a row the week leading up to memorial day weekend and the crowds were light - as a matter of fact both times it was also the first weekend of star wars weekends which only seemed to make a difference in crowd volume at mgm :mickey:

mttafire
06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
May is usually a great time to visit! It's one of my favorite times to be there! Crowds are generally low to moderate and the weather is usually great! I find the earlier part of the month is better for crowds. They do tend to pick up later in the month as many schools begin to let out for the summer.
Yep. We LOVE early May. If we cant visit then, We go in Sept. May is GREAT!:thumbsup:

Squeaky Mouse
07-01-2007, 10:11 AM
We visit WDW every May (one or both of the last 2 weeks) when school gets out. Over the past 3 years, we've noticed a very steady increase in the crowds. I would say that the last two weeks of May are now as crowded as early October (when we go for fall break). May is a great time of year to visit, but I wouldn't go towards the end of the month expecting no crowds. Most schools across the south are out by mid to late May.