PDA

View Full Version : Something good AND healthy at Mama Melrose?

Here we go again...
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I need your help...
I have Mama Melrose booked next week with the Fantasmic Dinner Package.
Since I am on Weight Watchers (and doing pretty well :D )I am trying to plan ahead for my meals.

I was able to look at the menus for all of our other ADRs and decide what I will plan to eat at each restaurant. I am having a hard time at Mama Melrose though...
Since we have never been there I have no idea what is good to begin with. We are on the dining plan so I plan to have Minestrone soup for my appetizer. I plan to skip dessert at most places so I am not worried about that.

What about the main course? Any suggestions?

Joanna
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Every dish I've had at Mama Melrose's has been delicious. The Vine-Ripened Tomato flatbread is excellent. It is not large, about 8" in diameter, and the crust is thin and crispy. It has a layer of basil pesto, then, sliced fresh tomato and finally, small sprinklings of caprino cheese--very delicate and soft cheese. It's not heavy with cheese. If you change your mind about dessert, they can do one scoop of gelato---it is WONDERFUL!

ElenitaB
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I had the tomato and mozarella salad as my appetizer (it was good but not as good as Alfredo's was the night before), and then the Wood Grilled tuna with a sun-dried tomato pesto over grilled asparagus, zucchini, and yellow squash with light tomato broth. It was very good (but the asparagus could have used a few more minutes on the grill). All in all, a light, healthy meal.

If you like fish, that's definitely the way to go. I ended up losing weight on that trip (even without walking much).

Here we go again...
06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Anyone else?

TheDuckRocks
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Angel, if you are doing the Fantasmic! Dinner Package and they haven't changed it since we were there last.....you have a different menu.
First you get a green salad, then your choice of flatbread (about 1 for every 3 people in your party) both of these are served family style. You then have an individual entree and dessert choice for each member of your group.
Being a Weight Watcher I would try to avoid the heavy cream sauces and stick with either chicken or seafood as my protein. They also have a sugar-free cheesecake, but that wouldn't mean it was low in fat.
I think you will do well here. Fill up on the salad, have 1 piece of flatbread, avoid or only have 1 piece of bread, order an entree that has vegies and only eat 1/2 the pasta served. The dessert issue solution for me would be to order one that everyone else at the table would like and tell them I'm taking one bite of each of the desserts served and then chug a huge glass of water.:D
You are going to have so much fun and I really think you are going to surprised as to how well your weight-in will be when you get back.

bethanne6245
06-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Angel, if you are doing the Fantasmic! Dinner Package and they haven't changed it since we were there last.....you have a different menu.
First you get a green salad, then your choice of flatbread (about 1 for every 3 people in your party) both of these are served family style. You then have an individual entree and dessert choice for each member of your group.
Being a Weight Watcher I would try to avoid the heavy cream sauces and stick with either chicken or seafood as my protein. They also have a sugar-free cheesecake, but that wouldn't mean it was low in fat.
I think you will do well here. Fill up on the salad, have 1 piece of flatbread, avoid or only have 1 piece of bread, order an entree that has vegies and only eat 1/2 the pasta served. The dessert issue solution for me would be to order one that everyone else at the table would like and tell them I'm taking one bite of each of the desserts served and then chug a huge glass of water.:D
You are going to have so much fun and I really think you are going to surprised as to how well your weight-in will be when you get back.

My sister and her family ate here in January and they dis not have the set menu anymore for the Fantasmic package.