PDA

View Full Version : Lunch/Dinner at Crystal Palace

Terk24
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
So Crystal Palace it is...now do you recommend lunch or dinner? Thanks ahead of time for replies!

Nicki'sMom
06-26-2007, 10:24 AM
In Sept 06 we ate there for lunch and it was very crowded and we had the characters at our table VERY briefly. The food was very good,though. We have made an ADR for dinner this Sept. I am hoping it will be a bit more relaxed. I bet a late breakfast would be wonderful there,too.

stitchcousin
06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
We've never been there for dinner, but have done breakfast and lunch. Both times the food was very good. I prefer to have a glass of wine with dinner, so we usually head to one of the hotels around MK since they are so close.

Terk24
07-01-2007, 10:19 AM
bump:mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I think the lunch and dinner menus are almost identical so I would just go whenever time you feel is good for you. If you are still undecided, eat around 4 ish, it's either a late lunch or early dinner.

wdw_bound
07-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm interested in responses to this as well. We had a late (10:20) breakfast there in Nov. 05, and it was GREAT, including the character interaction. I've got an ADR there for our December trip for dinner prior to MVMCP (early dinner - I didn't even realize they'd be open, but apparently they are pre-party).

I know the menu is here at Info Central, but what are your favorite buffet items at CP?

ElenitaB
07-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I think the lunch and dinner menus are almost identical so I would just go whenever time you feel is good for you. If you are still undecided, eat around 4 ish, it's either a late lunch or early dinner.
:exactly: I'd try for about 30-45 minutes prior to latest lunch seating. The characters will be out and you'll have a choice of hot/cold food. And, best of all, the place won't be crowded and you should have plenty of time with Pooh and friends.

We really love the CP and it is often our first meal at WDW after having arrived at our hotel following an early morning flight. We've had breakfast, lunch and dinner there, but never a bad experience.

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2007, 11:33 AM
We had breakfast here in the past and it was a mob scene. Delish tho, but hectic. In February we called for an ADR from our villa at WL for a dinner before the pirate and princess party. It was a last minute decision to try for an ADR, we didn't have any set dinner plans before the party. We called at 5:15 from our villa, and got an ADR at 5:45 for the 5 of us! We scurried over to the MK and only had a 5 minute wait to be seated and had a super relaxing yummy dinner. Lots of choices, lines moved comfortably. Great character interaction. My DH thought it was one of the best dinners we had at WDW and we eat table service almost every nite of every trip. We say try dinner!

jedi jen
07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
We went to CP for our first dinner last July. It did not seem hectic to us. We are doing CP for our last lunch this year. It is kind of bright, cheerful, airy place and seems to be a good lunch place to me, as opposed to the evening. I also like to have a glass of wine with dinner. :blush: I can't speak as to whether lunch is hectic or not, since this will be our first time.

As for favorite menu items, I like that they offer a lot of salad items, and lighter items. That makes it a more appealing buffet to me(less likely to eat too much). It was all very tasty. :tasty:

I expect you will be pleased with whichever time you choose. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I've eaten there for all 3 meals and they've all been good. I'd choose the lunch menu because it is basically the same food, but cheaper for lunch. And if you eat a later lunch you might just need a little something for later in the day.
Unless you are on the dining plan in which case go for dinner.

Terk24
07-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice!

LoriMistress
07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Personally, their breakfast is awesome. I've heard their lunch & dinner wasn't so great.

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I've had a great lunch at CP the last 2 years...this year we have a late breakfast (9:45AM) at CRT, so we're going to go to CP for dinner....it's next week, so I'm glad to hear one of you were there for a July dinner last year and it wasn't nuts!
Lauren