PDA

View Full Version : Celiac Disease

DisneyDog
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
We will be travelling with someone who has Celiac Disease. Any recommendations for restaurants that prepare really good gluten-free meals?

Dopey's Girl
06-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know of any specific places, but can tell you to call ahead to Disney. I have friends who have 3 little girls who have Celiac (plus numerous other food allergies), and when they traveled to WDW, they called ahead, talked to someone on the main line and explained the situation, they forwarded them on, and spoke to the chef's of the places they were interested in eating at. Every one of the Chef's were more than happy to work with them in making sure that their dietary concerns were taken care of! That was a few years ago, and they still talk about how wonderful it was not to have to worry about making sure they all could eat!

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
My SinL's best friend has Celiac Disease, and she will only vacation at WDW because of how easy it is to eat there. She calls the restaurants ahead of time and then gets to speak with the different chef's on the day of. She can't get over how remarkably easy it is to eat there. :thumbsup:

Speedy1998
06-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I have sent you a PM with a site that may help.:mickey: