PDA

View Full Version : wilderness lodge boat to mk??

playdead88
06-25-2007, 06:28 AM
how early does the boat from WL to MK start running? does it run early for character bfasts? :princess:

broke the 300 day mark today!!

299 days to go :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-25-2007, 07:23 AM
If you're thinking 8:00 then I don't think the boat would be a good way to go. I don't think it starts that early, it would need to be a 7:30 or earlier run to get you there for an 8am start.

I don't think there's enough people that early to warrant starting the boats up. I might be wrong.

Usually there is a character bus that runs specifically for early dining reservations, ask about it at the front desk.

mrp4352
06-25-2007, 08:56 AM
We had problems getting boats from the MK to breakfasts at WL and the Poly on our trip in May. Turns out most mornings, the don't operate until 9am or so. But, the buses run!

wilshade
06-25-2007, 11:17 AM
The boat is usually not an option if you are opting for speed. They are more suited to a leisurely approach to the day.

Even better, is taking the boat back to the WL from the MK. Helps you to decompress from the park and the views of WL from the water are just awesome.

starrmomof2
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
We stayed at WL last September and had ADR's at the Crystal Palace at 8:05 on a morning that the MK didn't open til 9. (Love walking down Main Street before the crowds arrive!) We were planning to take the boat from WL to MK. The first boat that arrived at the dock was the one that runs to FW and the Contemporary. The captain said the MK boat wouldn't start til later and when we explained our situation, he advised taking his boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to MK. We did that. We were the only ones on the boat and when we arrived at the CR, the captain took our family's picture behind the wheel of the boat. He then gave our boys a set of 'trading' cards with each of the different types of boats on them. Then, because it was early, we were able to ride in the front car of the monorail with the pilot. He gave our sons their "jr pilot's license" for the monorail and the view was fantastic. It made for a very magical start to the day.