PDA

View Full Version : Grocery delivery at home

Flower
06-25-2007, 04:41 AM
I know alot of Intercotees use a grocery deliver service when they arrive at WDW, but how many use it at home?

robyn221
06-25-2007, 09:01 AM
We're also going to be visiting WDW 27 Sept thru 1st Oct (surprise trip for my daughter's 9th birthday:secret:). We're staying at FW cabins and, to save a little time, we're thinking about using a grocery deliver service.

Robyn:mickey:

ghost999
06-25-2007, 09:03 AM
LUPHOLE, i think that's how you spell it, anyways you didn't say which home. If i don't recall it, disney does say "Welcome Home" don't they, or is is just me. whatever.:mickey:

DizNee143
06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
guys..the OP is talking about if any of us use it at home...you know where we live pretty much everyday!!...
i dont use it...but i do use the whole order it online thing and then i just get to go and pick up my order!!! :thumbsup:

robyn221
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I misread it -- that's what I get for trying to read anything before I get my morning caffeine. But it is something I would and have considered for (non-WDW) home use. My current job requires a lot of travel between locations and it sure would be nice to have groceries magically be there when I got home.

Robyn

ghost999
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
no, i knew what they were talking about, i just felt like bringing the home away from home thing.:mickey:

Mary Poppins
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
We used Safeway's delivery service last summer/fall after DD2 was born. Made life a little easier ;) We stopped using it about 6 months ago as they started messing up our order (put things in we DIDN'T order or would forget things we DID order and still got charged for them). We may try again to see if it's better as we really did enjoy the service. Saved us a little time on the weekends.

Lucille
06-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I have used a delivery service in the past and really liked it. I haven't used it lately, but we plan on using it regularly when our baby arrives this November.

Flower
06-25-2007, 12:36 PM
It's funny, that is the main reason we are trying it tomorrow for the first time, due to the expanding family! DH asked me last night if I was going to do groceries today, nope, not with both kids. As soon as I place the baby in the grocery cart I have very little room for , well, groceries - kinda the whole point of going grocery shopping! And then, DS 3 can be a handful and with trying to keep an eye on him and the baby, it can be too much.

I signed up with my local service and have the first delivery coming tomorrow, I love the idea of it, so we will see how it goes.

JanetMegan
06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
When I lived in Downtown Atlanta for awhile our local chain (kroger) delivered orders of $50 and over for free for awhile, and then charged around $8-10. I really didn't like it, but that was because I found I liked shopping myself. They stopped offering it or I might try it again (esp now that I live in the sticks.)

One of the main things I didn't like was not being able to select my own produce. I found I tended to be pickier about things than Joe Shmo who packed my order.

conorsmom2000
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
We've used Peapod through Stop & Shop (I think it's a Northeast chain) a few times and have been very happy with it. Since it's the main store we use, and use their shopping card, we can see online anything we've ever bought there and use it as a reference - so that makes selecting things easier! The bonus is that there is no impulse shopping - when we use the online shopping, we really stick to our list. The frustrating thing is that they don't carry everything we might want (like Conor eats a certain yogurt that might not be on there) so then we'd have to go to the store at some point any way. But, when life is really hectic, it's a lifesaver!! :thumbsup:

Flower
06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I had our first order delivered today! Everything went well, there were a few things they did not sell so I will still have to stop by my local store, but the bulk of the stuff was delivered straight to the house!

I will do the delivery thing again in the near future!!!:cloud9:

snifflesmcg
06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
For me, i would never even consider using a service. I am an avid coupon cutter and it defeats the purpose of saving money if I have to pay for the service. On a weekly basis I get many items free. I actually love doing food shopping and seeing how much I save on my trip. I don't use it for WDW either since I will be on the DDP.

conorsmom2000
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
For me, i would never even consider using a service. I am an avid coupon cutter and it defeats the purpose of saving money if I have to pay for the service.

Actually, you bring up a point I should have mentioned - for our service, I had a friend refer me so I got free delivery for my first 3 orders. Then, since I have taken right from my checking account, I get a $1 off each order, plus, since I use the 3 hour window deliver, I get another $1 off. And they definitely take coupons, though, it works a little backwards - you give them the coupons for this order, and that amount is deducted off your next order. So, it's definitely a hook to try and get you to keep ordering, so you use up the amount you have credited towards you. Again, it's a nice option when things are hectic (or your need lots of water, juice, gatorade....etc.!! :D )

Flower
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Their website does do alot of cost comparisons which is nice, they also offer the 'store specials' as seen in the weekly flyers.

They charge $8 delivery, because it was my first order I got $5 off, and when they delivered the food they gave me 2 more $5 delivery coupons, so $3 to have them deliver my groceries is not bad at all! I also got a free candy bar as a bonus tee hee!!!

I asked her how it worked, they operate out of an office inside a local grocery store, 2 girls pick the orders and she delivers them. The produce was fresh and the quantities were a good size!

ElenitaB
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I use Fresh Direct which is a NYC-based delivery service. They have a huge selection of general groceries, gourmet cheeses, amazing produce and meat, wine, premade food, etc. When I was out on disability and unable to shop for myself (or even drive for that matter), the service was invaluable. It enabled me to have a sense of independence and buy the brands I normally buy without having to write out incredibly detailed lists for friends. Their prices aren't the lowest in our area, but being able to do things for myself was worth everything to me. I would have loved a service like this when my DS was young.

MickeyandTink
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
We don't use one.

Why? Because they don't exist in our area. Ah, life in a small town.