bratmaster
06-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Cast:
me
DH
DD11
DD7
DS4

Day 9 was spent at the MK. i honestly cannot recall anything significant about this day, other than we finally lucked out on something and got into the first row in the monorail. So i asked if my kids could sit up front, and they said 4 people could. So I was going to take them and DH would ride in the back, but at the last second DS4 had a fit and didn't want to go with me. I wish he would have, because he would have loved it, but i didn't have time to argue with him. So me and DD's sat in the front of the monorail, something we will probably never be lucky enough to do again. I couldn't believe how different a ride it was! It looked surreal, like we were going to fly off the track. And the girls were in awe that an actual person was sitting there driving it; they had assumed all of those announcements were just automatic, not an actual person talking to them! We actually stopped in the middle of the track, which was perfect because we had just beat Wishes out of the park and had a perfect view right to the left of us. That was a really neat experience. it made me wonder aloud why, in nearly 10 days, we had never even seen the dream team or heard anybody else get a dream granted. And then DD11 told me that right before we left the park, while we were shopping in the emporium, some lady came up to her and DS4 in his stroller (she was pushing him at the time) and offered him some sort of pin and a certificate and DS4 had a total fit and refused to take the pin. I couldn't believe DD11 just now decided to tell me this - i was hysterical trying to figure out if this was the dream team or not, but she didn't know. She thought it was so funny that i was so frantic about this, and i was like, "hello??? Don't you realize that was possibly the dream team and you just let it go by? Why the heck didn't she just give you whatever she was trying to give him? Why did you let her get away? Why didn't you call for me??" Apparently DD11 thinks it is more fun to see mom lose her mind. And again, i have the weirdest kids. The person trying to give my DS some sort of gift probably had never been counter attacked with a tantrum before. This is the same boy who, god forbid anybody in a store or doctor's office try to offer him a sticker. he hates stickers and gets hysterical if you offer him one. Nuts, they're all just nuts.

faline
06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
It's always fun to ride with the monorail co-pilot! Glad you got to experience it!

offwego
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Gald you had the front of the monorail time with your DD's. Sounds like it was a real treat for all of you.

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I love riding with the pilot! What a great memory for you and the girls! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
That sounds like a really neat view of Wishes from the monorail, how neat! And that's too funny about your son not wanting the pin, sorry you weren't there to see it. Thanks for the trip report.

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
i love getting the front of the monorail!!...its rather cool, isnt it?
im sorry about that possibility of the dream team for your son!!...

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 09:25 PM
We loved it when we rode in the front of the Monorail .... it's a great experience! Neat that you saw wishes from there too!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 11:16 PM
We got to ride in the front in May and the Pilot gave us cards for being his copilots. They are cute for the scrap book.

Thanks for the report

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:39 AM
thanks for sharing !

vizsla
07-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2007, 06:06 AM
I am glad you got to do the monorail co-pilot thing. Too bad your son didn't do it with you.

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I love the front of the monorail too. I'm sure your son would have liked it, maybe next time. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: