PDA

View Full Version : Concourse or Ohana????

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
If you could only choose one, which one would you choose? Ohana or Concourse Steakhouse. We are visiting the world in September and have ADR's for both. The only problem is that they are around the same time. Which one should I choose????

Also I was wandering how the dining plan works. If we only use one table service in a 5 day trip can we use counter services for the rest of the table services? Does it double our amount of counter services. Instead of one table service can we have two counter services. Just wandering. Don't really know if we will have time to actually sit down and eat.:confused:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Ohana, Ohana, Ohana---definitely!!!!!!!!:lei:
I don't know if you can switch out two counters for each table service--I looked around, but didn't see this addressed under the Dining Plan info. Someone else may know more....Did you need any help finding some table services? There are some terrific places out there.....

bethanne6245
06-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Tough decision! My family and I love both of these restaraunts! O'hana has a nice atmosphere it. The fire pit, do the limbo, learn the hula dance and the food is great! If you have ADR's close to Wishes make sure to ask for a table by the window so you can view the fireworks, they also pipe the music in.
Concourse has the monorail whisking by. Great steakhouse! You can also watch Wishes from this hotel too out on the terrace.

Pocahontas
06-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I would definitely choose O'hanas! It is one of our favorite resturants.

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks. Maybe I can switch ressies and go to both.:thanks:

I'm also not sure about the counter service restaurants. Do you have any suggestions on some nice places to grab a quick bite?:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Some of our favorite counter services are Columbia Harbour House (chicken/fish--but--I see that we're neighbors:high5:....few places season like we do in La., so be prepared for a good, but different taste), Cosmic Ray's (a nice change of fastfood pace with a delicious roasted chicken meal) Pecos Bill's ( I love the chicken wrap--especially in the summertime),
Main St. Bakery( YUM--try the "cinnamon-rolls-as-big-as-your-head" and french toast...), and San Angel Inn Cantina (nachos are great for watching Illuminations, followed by the churros...). Enjoy!:wave:

lightyearfan
06-25-2007, 12:42 PM
with a doubt Ohana's, we ate there for the first time this past trip, and we were blown away! the food was excellent and the service was even better. as far as the DDP i don't think that you can swith CS to TS . we can't wait for next year just so we can go back to Ohana's!!

VIctor

Goofy Dad 13
06-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I have to vote for Concourse. We were not that impressed with Ohana's. Food was just OK, and there are alot of tables that do not get you involved with what is going on. Both DDs always want to go to Concourse, but have no interest in going back to Ohana's.

Dizneyfan
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Thank's for all of your opinions. Now it's time to make some very tough decisions. I'm really hard to please when it comes to food. After all I am from Louisiana and our food tastes so different from other places.:thumbsup:

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Ohana's:mickey:

pshokie
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
My recommendation depends upon your party size.

3 or less, Concourse.
5 or more, 'Ohana.
4 - either one.

The thing about 'Ohana, you get A TON of food. And they just keep bringing it. While Some would say this is awesome, for our last trip (me, DW, DD4 and DS-10mo) it was simply too much food. Basically we had two diners, one picker, and one infant. With the shrimp, potatoes, pork, chicken, sausage, beef, etc, etc, etc, that they keep putting on our table, the "atmosphere" was lost on us due to the sheer volume of food.

Mind you, we liked 'Ohana, but we will not go back until either (a) the kids are grown and are eating us out of house and home, or (b) we go to WDW with a large goup of people.

Just my :twocents:

GrmGrninGost
06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
One word. OHANA!:mickey:

MickeyDreamer
06-26-2007, 08:27 PM
The only thing I can really say about Ohana's is the shrimp, wings, and potatoes, are the best part of the meal. IMHO I think everybody likes this place just for the sheer amount of food they put on your table. We prefer the steakhouse over Ohana's we found if to be just good ordinary food except for the above dishes.

Mom2princesses
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Funny when you read some of these replys including my own.... I would say that Concourse did not impress us at all. But we LOVE 'Ohana! :thumbsup:

Guess you just have to pick one and see for yourself. :eat: