PDA

View Full Version : Latte's & Espresso...

DawnSS
06-24-2007, 08:38 PM
We are staying at AKL for our first family vacation. I need to make sure there is a place to stop every am for a great latte before we hit the parks. :) Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dawn

IC10
06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I wish you the best of luck... lol.

DizneyRox
06-24-2007, 09:13 PM
I wish you the best of luck... lol.
Ditto, I have yet to taste good coffee in WDW. Good beer, yes, good coffee, no...

If you have a car, 192 isn't too far away, there might be a good coffee shop out that way. At least a Dunkin Donuts for sure...

Tinkerbellfan
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Every day, my day does not begin until I stop at Starbuck for my latte so I understand your need for your expresso fix. Although Disney World is the most magical place on it, most places at WDW do not have great coffee. Most of the "coffee" stops throughout the parks offer Nescafe or something along that lines. It is basically similar to the lattes you would find at a Seven Eleven store and personally, I feel a waste of calories.

But, I have found that some of the sit down restaurants have good coffee. I received a great latte at Bomas, Sppodles and Kona Cafe - all, we served with "rock candy" on a stick to stir the coffee. There is also coffee stand near the American Pavilon that make lattes with an actual expresso machine.

As the last posted stated "good luck". There is always Starbucks in a bottle!

Nicki'sMom
06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
What a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!! How did I not think of Starbucks in the can? You have saved me!!!! I will stock up before we head into WDW. :thumbsup::cloud9::D I have been a big complainer about the WDW coffee because life just does not begin for me without my first cup of Starbucks. I love Intercot. Thank you Tinkerbellfan!

tarjaybuff
06-24-2007, 11:15 PM
When you go to AK; head into the park unti lyou come to the split. Near the mercantile on the right side there is a coffee cart. They serve a good cappacino. My friend said he liked the coffee he got in asia at this one stand, but I did not get to try it. Other than that I have to agree. There is nothing magical about Disney coffee.

tarjaybuff
06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
:thumbsup:When you go to Downtown Disney there are 2 places that you can go. The first (my favorite) is Earl of Sandwhich (make a mean iced latte). The other I have not tried, but GIrhadelli Chocolate shop sells special coffees.

Tinkerfreak
06-25-2007, 07:38 AM
If you are staying conciege level at the AKL they have the best expresso machine in the concierge lounge. The best in all of the resorts. It is one of my favorite things at AKL. There is nothing like sitting and enjoying a nice big latte in the lounge before getting off to a big day. It is not that powdery fake kind kind of latte it is an actual big espresso/latte/cappaccino maker. You can chose double shots or I think even decaf. They have flavored syrups also that you can add.