PDA

View Full Version : CBR or CS Help!!!

Disney Maniac
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Everyone!! We are planning to go to the world sometime next year and right now I'm trying to figure which resort we shoukd stay at.
We narrowed it down to CBR or CS, so give me the good and bad things about them!! Also which of these two resorts would you choose???
Thanks!!

kathiep
06-24-2007, 08:16 PM
We stayed at CBR last year and had a wonderful time. The atmosphere was relaxed, the rooms were large and clean. We were in Trinidad North - the quiet pool was always very quiet. Many times we were the only ones in it. The walk along the lake to Port Royale was nice. The food court had many choices and never seemed too crowded. We ate at Shutters once, due to unforeseen circumstances, I wouldn't recommend that.

This year, we are bookd for CS in September. We only choose to book here in the interest of trying something different. It's not reflection on our stay at CBR. I can let you know how we make out when we return.

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 08:35 PM
:mickey: We stayed @ CBR last year, and we absolutely loved it. It is beautiful, peaceful and relaxing - the whole atmosphere makes you feel like you've really gotten away. We will definitely check out other resorts, but CBR is our favorite right now. :thumbsup:

Pocahontas
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
We have stayed at both resorts and our entire family would choose CBR over CS. We love the theme and overall feel of this resort. CS is a very nice resort, but it just didn't have that disney feel. When we go to DW we like to have that disney's magic feel from beginning to end.

RAIDER
06-25-2007, 03:54 AM
I havent stayed at the CR ..but my experience in the CBR was lovely ..The grounds were lovely and i found the place very relaxing ... The foodhall was fairly priced and the private pools were lovely :thumbsup:

Either resort you go for have a wonderful time :thumbsup::mickey::party:

faline
06-25-2007, 06:14 AM
I've stayed at both and prefer Coronado Springs. It is a moderate but has more of the feel of a deluxe and even has some of the deluxe amenities.

wilshade
06-25-2007, 07:00 AM
I can speak to Coronado Springs.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool is arguably second only to Stormalong Bay for theming.

The Pepper Market is the "Food Court", but it is set up differently than others. After you learn your way around there, it isnt so bad. The food is excellent there and a stunning variety. The CMs in the Pepper Market are pretty good.

Maya Grill, their TS restaurant, is a different story. I have no good things to say about it. So, I will leave it at that.

The Front Desk folks may seem a little more "professional" and a little less "Disney", but that is because of all the business clients.

Support staff, like Bell Services, Mousekeeping, and Maintenance are all delightfully "Disney".

There is no bridge across the lake, as there is in CBR. So, no short cuts from the farthest villas.

Flower
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
We have stayed at Coronado several times and it is our favourite resort. The pools are great, the Pepper Market is awesome, and there is a great play area for the kids.

I loved the cabanas section and would definitely request it again. I would lay on the hammocks and read during my 'down time', very peaceful.

PetefromRI
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I was under the impression that the main pool at CBR will be closed for refurb sometime from Dec.-June.You may want to check that out if that's important to you.Even though there are many quiet pools alot of people may not want this resort if the main pool is down.I read this somewhere but I'm not sure where,maybe it was just a rumor.While I'm on this topic,Do you think we could get a reduced rate at the CBR if the pool is closed?I know I'm probably wishing for the moon but I was just wondering since we don't use the main pool area much except for the Banana Cabana.

moe513
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I have never stayed at cs but loved cbr. The resort is beautiful. I love the tropical colors on all the clusters of buildings. We stayed in Trinadad North but thought Jamaica looked nicer. Jamaica is across the bridge from the main pool and food court.

jedimick08
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
You are correct about the pool rehab at CBR from Jan - Jun of 08. I am booked there for May of 08 and my MJ rep Terrisue said that it was rumored when I booked a few months ago. But now I'm starting to see it show up on other sites rehab sections.

I am wondering about a discount as well since the main pool will probably be closed.

Has anyone ever gotten a discount at a resort because of a major rehab at the time of the visit?

PetefromRI
06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm looking at a May 08 date also and am thinking of maybe the POFQ instead but we really prefer CBR.

Crow
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Coronado.
just stayed here for the 2nd time so ive done 2 stays at both.
Jamaica was a great spot in CBR and the walk to the food court.
food court better selection at CS and the them was good.
both are spread out some.
CS being a convention resort has some things like business center w internet and spa.
CS is tied for first on my mod list, CBR 2nd

KAT1811
06-28-2007, 08:25 AM
We LOVE Coronado Springs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

c&d
06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
We loved CSR when we stayed there last August. The pool area is wonderful and the food court is great. It also has the spa and health club which make if feel like a deluxe. Also because it is a convention hotel we found the buses to be empty going to the parks.