PDA

View Full Version : Are the theme parks crowded in early September?

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Are the theme parks crowded in early September? Me and Dh are visiting the world the first week of September and were wondering if it was going to be crowded or not? We were in Disney in February during presidents week, Daytona, and Mardi Gras. The crowds were horrible. We were hoping for better luck this time. Any info would be great. :unsure:

Lily
06-24-2007, 04:50 PM
January and September are historically the slowest time of the year at Disney World. However, you have chosen a holiday weekend during the free dining promotion. You may experience some larger than normal crowds for September.

Jared
06-24-2007, 04:59 PM
September after Labor Day is traditionally the slowest time of the year. Few families want to take their children out of school in the first month.

Because Disney is offering the Disney Dining Plan for free this year, September may be more crowded than usual. But don't let the promotion discourage you. If you're used to holiday weekends, the parks will seem empty.

Aurora
06-24-2007, 05:41 PM
We went several years ago over Labor Day weekend. The weekend itself was packed, but on the Tuesday after Labor Day the crowd numbers plunged. I would definitely go that week, but after Labor Day Monday.

Strmchsr
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't think the parks themselves will be horribly crowded, but the restaurants will be nuts due to the free dining promotion. If you don't already have ADRs, get them now, if possible, or just plan on eating only counter service while you're there.

devoted93
06-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I usually go there every September at about mid-month and it's fantastic - no lines, no real crowds, as many rides as we want. Last year, we took our last day to go back to MK and do all of the rides we liked a second time and then over to Epcot where we did the same (including some WS movies) and still had plenty of time left to watch Illuminations. We probably did 20+ rides that day.

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I hope September is as slow as it usually is. I have never managed to hit it on a slow note. I am just a little excited. :mickey:

Old School Mouse Ears
06-25-2007, 08:24 AM
we gone the last 4 times in sept. and the parks were fine ..forget fast pass you will not need it .lines are short. but if you want to eat with the free dinning promo going on, there you will have a wait. the weather is still warm but not anything like the summertime. you do take a chance of a big storm(hurricane season).i like sept and we are going 9-10 this year .have a great time :D

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
We were there in 2005 the first full week of Sept. during the free dining period. Labor Day weekend was packed but the rest of the week was nice. Make sure to get a park hopper as MK will host the Night of Joy the weekend after Labor Day. It gets VERY crowded very fast! People with these tickets show up ASAP and there is literally a wave of people coming in as soon as the tickets are good. The wait for Pirates went from 10 min. to 75 min. in about 30 sec. Also, it is there two nights. Fri. and Sat. Unless things have changed, there will not be Spectromagic that weekend so plan to see it the weekend before. Hope this helps! Have fun!!:mickey: