PDA

View Full Version : Packed Car In The Parking Lot?

Guya103
06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I know that WDW is a relatively safe place. We wil be arriving to Disney about 11AM on our first day and we are renting a home. The home will not be available for check-in until 4 in the afternoon. We want to hit the park right away but am wondering about leaving our vehicle in the parking lot with all of our luggage and belongings inside (including alot of visible electronics)? We have never had any problems before and doubt that anything would happen but it is better to be safe than sorry, right? So, what do you think, is it safe or not?:mickey:

wdwfan
06-24-2007, 04:10 PM
We have left ours in trunk while at parks with no problem. Just make sure nothing is visible as you walk by and we never opened the trunk in the lot. We stopped and packed everything up and got out anything we needed before we entered WDW. That way once parked, didn't look like we were travelling.

Guya103
06-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks so much for your advice. The problem is that we have a suburban and though the windows are tinted, you can still see all the duffle bags, tvs, XM radio, etc in it.

Mickey91
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
I would think your biggest concern would be items that could be damaged by the extreme heat. As long as you feel fairly comfortable leaving those items, cover anything else of major value or store under your seat as not to pique someone's interest.:mickey:

vamaggie
06-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Unless I had a roll over cover for the back I don't think I would chance it with electronics and valuables(and even so if you are going in the summer I would not want electronics sitting in a hot car that long). Is there anywhere you could store the stuff til your house is ready? The rental agency maybe? Are you sure the house won't be ready til 4? Many times they are ready sooner. I think I might have a designated driver drop folks off at the park (if you feel you really need to hit it that first day) and then proceed to the house to see about checking in and meeting up later. I would hate to start my vacation with a visit from the police to file a robbery report. Good Luck whatever you decide!

Nini
06-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I have heard of people getting stuff stolen out of their cars before, I just wouldn't take the chance.

Denise :mickey:

crazypoohbear
06-24-2007, 08:31 PM
If you MUST leave everything in the car while at the park, bring along an empty duffle bag and before you arrive at the park (pull over somewhere safe) load all electronics, GPS, etc in the duffle bag and put this bag under the other bags so worst case scenario they steal some clothes, nobody is going to take very bag.

joy b
06-25-2007, 07:38 AM
i wouldn't take the chance, you'd be wondering all day if your stuff was ok.. call your rental place and ask them to accomodate you w/ a safe place to unpack,, they must provide somewhere, just like hotels do when you check out and catch a later flight, they keep your stuff for you. some places designate a special room just for that purpose.. good luck.