PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans??

froggygirl20one
06-24-2007, 01:17 PM
im 13 so u no i dont have much knowledge of these things. is port orleans a nice resort becuz we are staying there in about a month plz comment:huh::wishes:

TexasPrincessAurora
06-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Are you staying at Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter? Both are really nice resorts, just very different. They both have really neat themed swimming pools. Riverside is a lot bigger and more spread out than French Quarter. I think the food court at French Quarter is better. They both have a boat launch to Downtown Disney, which is very handy and nice. If you stay at either one you can use the pool at the other resort.

Strmchsr
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! Glad you're here.

Click here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/default.asp) to go to our resort section and scroll down. You'll be able to click on your resort and see lots of pics. I love both Port Orleans resorts. Lots of fun and very nice.

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
POR is great! There is a cool pool and lots of fun stuff to do on the river etc. You will have a great time!!! :mickey:

MMouse6937
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
:welcome: to Intercot, glad to see you found us!!

We are staying at POR for the first time this trip and have heard wonderful things about it. There seems to be alot to do and see. I'm sure you'll have a great time! :thumbsup:

DawsonAR
06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
We LOVE POR. We have been there a couple of times and think it is wonderful! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
After checking it out in Feb, we liked it so much that we decided to stay there on our next trip in Dec:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Port Orleans is awesome!:mickey:It is my fave as far as moderates. It doesn't really matter if you're staying Riverside or French Quarter, they are both great! I'm sure you'll have a blast!!:mickey:

froggygirl20one
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Thx guys so much and i am staying at POR and ive heard good things. IM SOOOO EXCITED! i cant wait to go. i have the little intercot phan tim thing at the top of my screen :mickey: thx again well......

BYEZZ:hatter::dumbo::stitch::donald::jack::goofy:: tigger::ccat: oh and i no it sounds lame but i am so excited to get one of those goffy hats with the ears! lol dont ask me why but i have the urge to look like and idiot in front of tons of ppl well thx again

garymacd
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Thx guys so much and i am staying at POR and ive heard good things. IM SOOOO EXCITED! i cant wait to go. i have the little intercot phan tim thing at the top of my screen :mickey: thx again well......

BYEZZ:hatter::dumbo::stitch::donald::jack::goofy:: tigger::ccat: oh and i no it sounds lame but i am so excited to get one of those goffy hats with the ears! lol dont ask me why but i have the urge to look like and idiot in front of tons of ppl well thx again

It's okay to act like an idiot in front of thousands of complete strangers. We do it all the time! Even my girls, now 21 and 19 still like acting silly down there.

Have fun. You are staying at the nicest resort as far as I am concerned. Hey, take a few moments and go fishing at Ole Man Island. And definitely get that hat!

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-26-2007, 02:34 AM

BYEZZ oh and i no it sounds lame but i am so excited to get one of those goffy hats with the ears! lol dont ask me why but i have the urge to look like and idiot in front of tons of ppl well thx again

There's no looking like an idiot to worry about! It's that spirit of fun and youth that makes WDW magic for all ages. My dad and have a rule (now that I'm an adult) that the instant we set foot on Disney soil, our age halves itself and we get to be that young again for the rest of the trip. By those rules, I get to go to POR this December and be 14 right up until I turn 14 1/2! on the 12/07!! :party:

Embrace the goofy hat :goofy: and have a blast! And, report back on your impression of the resort for me, so I know what to expect when I get there!

jenperich
06-26-2007, 10:10 AM
There's no looking like an idiot at WDW. Everyone is there to have a great time, so no one cares what you look like. :-) Have a fantastic time at POR...it's a really great resort. The pool is a lot of fun...you will like it a lot. I've stayed at Riverside before, and this time we're staying at the French Quarter, so I can't wait!! Have a great time Froggy.

kakn7294
06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
:welcome: to Intercot! You'll love POR - we love POFQ and they are sister resorts. You can easily walk from one to the other. Don't worry about the Goofy hat - my DD who is about your age wore pink pirate Mickey ears our entire trip in Dec and plans to wear them again everyday on our next trip. I have a princess crown set aside for myself to wear to the P&P party. When are you going? We'll be at POFQ Aug 11 - 19. I have a 12 yo DD who would love to meet if you are there at the same time. Have a great trip!

moe513
06-27-2007, 09:54 PM
I have only stayed at POFQ,but both get great reviews. POR is divided into sections,the mansions and alligator bayou. Both have very different theming. The mansions look like southern mansions and the alligator bayou is rustic looking.

Figaro0826
06-30-2007, 12:35 AM
:mickey: First of all, congradulations on your trip to WDW. My DH went to POR 08/06, on our honeymoon, after calling 3 times and requesting the Mansion section they still gave us Alligator Bayou, and I told them i dont want that area , they still gave us another Bayou room. Very frustrated since I booked 11 months in advance. We told them we were on our honeymoon , the answer "oh". Housekeeping only change the sheets once in 7 nights.
Were not going to stay there again.

JoDisney
06-30-2007, 07:35 AM
POR is great and you will love it. The pool is wonderful and it has a slide. This resort's pool is better for your age group as my sons say the POFQ is more for younger kids, shorter slide and smaller pool. POR has a new, refurbished food court. There are quiet pools at each of the building group sections. There are sections in the Alligator Bayou and in the Mansions. The trundle beds are usually in the Alligator Bayou for families of five. The grounds are incredible. Also, there is a boat that takes you to Downtown Disney and back. There are bike and surrey bike rentals, and there are boat rentals. There is a fishing area. POR is our favorite moderate resort. My boys love this resort. I think you will, too. By the way, I purchased the Goofy Hat for Halloween at Disney last year. It is a great hat and it is extremely comfortable. I thought it would get very hot wearing it but that was not the case. I love this hat. Also, if you go to the top of this page, you will see "Info Central." Click on this. Go to "Resort Descriptions..." and click on it. Scroll down to "Resorts on Disney Property" and click on it. Now, you will see all the Disney Resorts listed and you can click on the ones you want to view. Port Orleans Riverside is there for you to view. Enjoy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Intercot. POR is a very pretty resort and you can use the facilities @ POFQ as well. Get the beignets too, they are to die for!

Donald_Quackers
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I stayed at POR once, and I loved the atmosphere. Walking over to the food court for breakfast was great and seeing the wildlife was awesome!