PDA

View Full Version : Are room rates booked priced per day?

BriarRose
06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I had read that as of June 23rd, WDW was switching from pricing your room for the whole trip the room rate for the day that you arrive to what the rate would be for each day. In other words, our vacation starts on Nov 22 and ends on Nov 29. As it stands now, we are paying regular season rates for the whole stay, even though the value season starts while we are there.

I just called to see if that was true and was told that that was not true and that they knew of nothing changing.

Is this just a rumor on this and other sites, or is this just someone at Disney not being fully aware of what's going on (not the first time)?

Strmchsr
06-24-2007, 01:57 PM
The date of June 23 was, if I have gotten all the facts straight, just a rumor. Maybe a very plausible one with all of the various sources, but I never heard that date being confirmed. They are definitely rolling out a new reservation system that will price by the night rather than all at once, but exactly when has not been confirmed. However, this new pricing, to my understanding, does not take affect until Jan 1 so your vacation would be unchanged. What I might possibly suggest doing in your case is 2 reservations - one in regular season and 1in value season. You might have to change rooms, but the money you save may (or may not) be worth. Contact Magical Journeys and get their thoughts on this whole matter.

goofiecrazy
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
If the value season starts while your there u might want to make 2 separate reservations for your hotel.Make the first one for your arrival date to the day the value season starts then check out then check back in on the 2nd reservation to get the value discount.I pretty sure thats how it works..

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
From my understanding of the new system, when you book a room reservation after June 23 (as the date you called,) for reservations begining in 2008 (as the date you first stay) you will be paying the rater per night of the stay. As in, you may come in the regular season and then a few days later fall in the value season, or on a holiday and the price will fluctuate for each night of the stay.

I don't think the new pricing will change any current reservations as they are booked now, but will affect new reservations made after June 23 for a stay in 2008.

FYI: I noticed early this morning, that if you go to disneyworld.com and check out a "Room Only" reservation for a series of days, when you pick your resort, it will give you a step by step breakdown of how much each night is going to cost.

At least, this is my best undertanding of the change. :hatter:

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Also, the online day by day break down, (to my understanding) is only available through a "Room Only" reservation, and isn't shown on package reservations online. I can't confirm that for sure though.