PDA

View Full Version : Lapu Lapu

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Natazu, this is really for you, since you recommended the :papple:Lapu Lapu. My DH tried it, loved it, drank half, it was leaking everywhere and they brought him a second one free of charge. However, he wouldn't let me take his pix with his pineapple. Didn't want the boys at the firehouse seeing him drinking from a fruit. Too "fru-fru" for them. But thanks for the heads up on it. It was :tasty:!!

Natazu
06-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Ben sounds like my kind of guy.

moe513
06-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I want to try on next trip to Ohanas. I always go with my old stand by Pina Colada.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I want to try on next trip to Ohanas. I always go with my old stand by Pina Colada.

It is really good, but you can also try the Blueberry Colada. They are awesome too.

Nicki'sMom
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I am definately going to get one of these drinks you guys keep talking about. That way if we have a wait for our ADR at Ohana's, I won't care cuz I will be enjoying my drink. You can get them outside Ohana'a right?

Natazu
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I am definately going to get one of these drinks you guys keep talking about. That way if we have a wait for our ADR at Ohana's, I won't care cuz I will be enjoying my drink. You can get them outside Ohana'a right?
Yup, Tambu Lounge

tinksmom02
06-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I am SOO looking forward to a Lapu Lapu--you guys make them sound so yummy! Bet I can talk DH into one, too, and I'll definitely get a picture of him--then I'll email it to all his friends! ;)

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I've never had the pleasure of a Lapu Lapu. I think I might get one and go to the beach for Wishes and the boat parade. It does come in a pineapple, so I can take it with me can't I? Am I allowed to take it back to POP on the bus from the MK??

Natazu
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I've never had the pleasure of a Lapu Lapu. I think I might get one and go to the beach for Wishes and the boat parade. It does come in a pineapple, so I can take it with me can't I? Am I allowed to take it back to POP on the bus from the MK??
Yeah, you can take it with you around the resort. I'm not sure about the bus.

Hey, I was just in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. I'd have hollered at you but it was like 3am.

LibertyTreeGal
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Okay, what's a Lapu Lapu -- I have an ADR there in November and now you have me curious. I hope it isn't alcoholic -- two sips and I am asleep! Then I wake up and wish I was dead!

This is how my head feels ---> :blowup:

Natazu
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Okay, what's a Lapu Lapu -- I have an ADR there in November and now you have me curious. I hope it isn't alcoholic -- two sips and I am asleep! Then I wake up and wish I was dead!

This is how my head feels ---> :blowup:
There's um, a little alcohol in it.
Lapu Lapu
1 oz. Meyer's Rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (half and half sour mix and orange juice)
Cherry garnish
Served in a girly fru-fru pineapple

crazypoohbear
06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
There's um, a little alcohol in it.
Lapu Lapu
1 oz. Meyer's Rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (half and half sour mix and orange juice)
Cherry garnish
Served in a girly fru-fru pineapple

Why is the pineapple a girly fru-fru fruit.
It's hard and prickly and hard to hold so wouldnt' that make it a manly drink???/;):D

LibertyTreeGal
06-28-2007, 05:17 PM
[/SIZE]

It's hard and prickly and hard to hold so wouldnt' that make it a manly drink???/;):D

Very simply put, because men could never handle the amount of pain that women deal with regularly. If men gave birth then painkillers would have been invented by Adam as soon as he left the garden ;)

But seriously, sounds like my MIL and this drink have to be formally introduced on our upcoming trip together!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I think this is the same drink that a cop friend of ours ordered. He chopped away at the inside of the pineapple like he was looking for gold. He had no qualms about looking like a fru fru man. But then again, he doesn't really consider other people and their opinions about anything.:(

mudpuppysmom
06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I know one thing....if you drink two of these things you really do NOT care if the pineapple is a fru fru fruit or not.......in fact, you wouldn't care if someone called you a fru fru girly!!!! I like to call them Loopy Loopy's!!!! That is how you feel after you drink one!!!

DH is making me one right now!!! (He tends bar on the side for extra Disney cash!!)

Bruegge
06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
[/SIZE]

Ha ha.... she said PRICKLY. while refering to something not "girly"

I say #@%* and get yelled at by the moderator.....Geesh

LOL

Scott

chamonix
07-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I think they seem frou-frou because of the multitude of colorful little umbrellas that are in them. Of course, you can take those out. ;)
Darn, I was going to post a pic of them, but it won't let me. :thedolls:

I love them though! :cloud9:

pogo
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I've never had the pleasure of a Lapu Lapu. I think I might get one and go to the beach for Wishes and the boat parade. It does come in a pineapple, so I can take it with me can't I? Am I allowed to take it back to POP on the bus from the MK?? Now I really wish I was going to be there for the 10th ! :D

Hey, I was just in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. I'd have hollered at you but it was like 3am. You should have done it anyways, buddy...... Deb would have liked it.

I know one thing....if you drink two of these things you really do NOT care if the pineapple is a fru fru fruit or not.......in fact, you wouldn't care if someone called you a fru fru girly!!!! I like to call them Loopy Loopy's!!!! That is how you feel after you drink one!!!

I drank two in April, 2006 and Im really glad we were staying at the Poly. :D

[/SIZE]

I think they seem frou-frou because of the multitude of colorful little umbrellas that are in them. Of course, you can take those out.
Darn, I was going to post a pic of them, but it won't let me.

I love them though!
I'm 6'2" tall and weigh 260 lbs. I don't see anything girly fru-fru about them...... unless you are a possum killer. :D

disneydeb
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, you can take it with you around the resort. I'm not sure about the bus.

Hey, I was just in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. I'd have hollered at you but it was like 3am.

You should have! I'm in Knoxville for a Reading conference on like the 9,10 and 11th. Can you suggest a restaurant for some school marms? :D

Natazu
07-04-2007, 03:19 AM
You should have! I'm in Knoxville for a Reading conference on like the 9,10 and 11th. Can you suggest a restaurant for some school marms? :D
We really like Bonefish, 6604 Kingston Pike.
Also, Greene Hills Grille, (4429 Kingston Pike) is very good.

Let me know if you want to get together one night.

mouseketeer mom
07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I had the Lapu Lapu with my dinner at Kona's. I'm not a drinker ordinarily, and I was almost knocked off my feet when I stood up! Gotta love anything in a pineapple. It'll turn us non drinkers into drinkers, they're so much fun!

trapper
07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
These drinks are awesome! My DH and I shared one last June for our Anniversary and we both enjoyed it. I liked eating the pineapple from around the inside. I would love to have another.:cool:

Bethanymouse
07-05-2007, 01:08 AM
We tried these on our last trip! It was good but strong! Beware! I took a big sip out of the straw and boy did I get a surprise!