PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge????

playdead88
06-24-2007, 08:47 AM
We have alwayst stayed at epcot resorts and would like to try something different in april 08 - we have sort of decided on old key west but now my husband has brought up wanting to stay at wilderness lodge - the kids will be 14 an 7 when - anyone have any suggestions? we would love to hear them :mickey:

Mousehead35
06-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I can vouch for this being a great resort. We stayed here last year and loved it :number1:

The theming is wonderful and CM's couldn't have been nicer. Upon check in we were upgraded from a Woods view to a Courtyard view so that was a very nice surprise. We also were able to see Wishes everynight from our balcony.

Have a great trip!

Wrigley
06-24-2007, 09:58 AM
WL is GREAT!! It is my favorite resort. The themeing and atmosphere is wonderful. I also like the boat ride away from MK. The pool is very nice and we like to spend some time in the arcade!! When we checked in we were also upgraded from a standard ol room to a Villa!!!! It was wonderful!!:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
2 Very Different Resorts!!!

OKW
Very laid back resort
Buildings spread out - resort is HUGE
Many quiet pools
Roadways throughout resort
Removed from the action of the parks
One sit-down restaurant
Snack bar(s) = take out window
Nice themed pool with slide
Golf courses meander through resort
Lots of separate buildings with rooms - all rooms are considered villas
Tennis, basketball, Community Hall all near main check in area
Marina with boats for the waterways
Close to DTD - boat to take you there
Buses to all parks - many bus stops

WL
Much more hustle and bustle
All in one contained building (except villas)
2 themed sit down restaurants
Close to MK - transport via boat to MK - buses elsewhere (one bus stop for entire resort)
Buses often shared with another resort
Incredible attention to detail
Incredible lobby
Theming is probably the BEST in all of Disney's hotels
White sand beach with marina on larger body of water
Easier access to monorail resorts
Southwestern theme is carried on throughout the entire resort - including pool
Large interior bar/lounge
Rooms are standard (if not on the small side) hotel rooms with very nice theming
Villa rooms are larger, but no where near as large as OKW's

All in all - both resorts are excellent. They are just not really that similar, other than the fact that they are at WDW! :mickey:

Both will offer fine amenities and services. Locations are quite different as WL is at the MK area.

Your kids would probably like both; each offers their own unique flavor to kids and adults alike. Good luck with your choice! :thumbsup:

wilshade
06-24-2007, 11:01 AM
The Wilderness Lodge is just pure and simply awe inspiring. It's theme is Pacific Northwest. The lobby, alone is reason enough to give this resort a try. But if that isnt enough . . . .

The boat to and from MK is in a class by itself for Disney Transportation.

Whispering Canyon is a great restaurant for kids of the ages you related, especially for breakfast.

Artist Point is one of Disney's most exceptional restaurants.

Some of the rooms have bunk beds for the kids, which might be best considering the ages involved. :mickey:

ibrowse17
06-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Another vote for the WL. We love to visit it, and always have dinner there every trip:thumbsup:

playdead88
06-24-2007, 12:09 PM
thanks so much for the help - at bfast this a.m i remembered tivoing the show "great hotels" on the travel channel earlier this year and for some reason i thought i only tivo'd the grand floridian and the beach club but i also got the wilderness lodge! so we watched it and its official - WILDERNESS LODGE IN APRil 08! thanks again for everyones help!! the boat ride to mk sounds wonderful :cloud9:

only 300 days to go!!!

mttafire
06-24-2007, 02:36 PM
The Wilderness Lodge is just pure and simply awe inspiring. It's theme is Pacific Northwest. The lobby, alone is reason enough to give this resort a try. But if that isnt enough . . . .

The boat to and from MK is in a class by itself for Disney Transportation.

Whispering Canyon is a great restaurant for kids of the ages you related, especially for breakfast.

Artist Point is one of Disney's most exceptional restaurants.

Some of the rooms have bunk beds for the kids, which might be best considering the ages involved. :mickey:

Agreed, W.L. IS inspiring. We love it. If we could afford to we would stay there and the C.R. EVERY Disney trip. W.L. is one of the best!:thumbsup:

garymacd
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM
We love WL for the ambiance. (Okay I love tall pine trees)

As MTTAFire says, if we could afford it we would stay there all the time too.

But we would feel we were cheating on our real favourite resort, French Quarter. They have a great pool with a great slide your kids would just love.

DawsonAR
06-26-2007, 07:59 AM
We love the WL. My kids love the resort and the wonderful views. The lobby area is somewhat loud but to me it is relaxing at the same time.

Mickey91
06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
It's our favorite!!! WL is a great choice! Have fun!!