PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Davis found

snifflesmcg
06-24-2007, 12:00 AM
It's with a heavy heart to report Jesse Davis was found buried and her boyfriend was charged with the doule murder. My thoughts go to the family and the little boy who will grow up without his mother.

CANTON, Ohio (CNN) -- Authorities believe they recovered the body of Jessie Marie Davis, a pregnant Ohio woman missing for 10 days, Saturday, and a police officer with whom Davis had a relationship was arrested in connection with her disappearance, police said.

Canton police patrolman Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, was facing two murder counts in the deaths of Davis, 26, and her unborn child, said Rick Perez, chief deputy of the Stark County sheriff's department.

Cutts fathered Davis' 2-year-old son, Blake, and was also the likely father of her unborn child, a girl she planned to call Chloe. Davis was nearly nine months pregnant when she was last heard from June 13. She was due July 3. (Watch police announce they'd found a body )

The body was recovered in adjacent Summit County about 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Perez said, but he would not provide further details. A police statement acknowledged the assistance of the National Park Service, but police would not say what assistance was provided.

The FBI said the body was was in the area of Cuyahoga Valley National Park in northern Summit County. A park spokesperson told CNN affiliate WKYC and the Akron Beacon Journal that it was recovered in Hampton Hills Metro Park, part of the county park system that is adjacent to the national park. (Map)

Video footage from CNN affiliate WKYC showed aerials of a wooded area and what appeared to be a body in a bag placed onto a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance. Evidence technicians appeared to be working in a field.

Cutts was arrested Saturday afternoon, Perez said. Cutts is scheduled to appear Monday for arraignment in Canton Municipal Court.

Stark County Prosecutor John Ferrero told reporters it was too early to say whether the case warrants the death penalty. "The charges could get elevated to a higher degree down the road."

Citing an ongoing investigation, police would divulge little regarding the case. They would not comment on whether additional arrests are expected, but said they continue to solicit tips by telephone and through the sheriff's department Web site.

Davis' family did not appear at an afternoon news conference where police announced the developments.

"They're grieving in private," said family attorney Rick Pitinii.

Asked their thoughts on the arrest, he said, "I think this whole process for them has been more about finding her -- instead of who is or is not at fault or at blame."

Detectives had searched the home of Cutts at least twice earlier this week.

The investigation started last week when Davis' mother, Patricia Porter, alerted police after she was unable to contact her daughter. When the mother went to the home, she found Davis' 2-year-old son, Blake, wandering in an empty house.

Police said furniture was broken, a lamp was toppled and bleach had been spilled on the floor, although there were no signs of forced entry. Davis' car keys and purse were in the home, but her cell phone and a comforter were missing.

Police said earlier that Blake told authorities that his mother was crying, she had broken a table and was "in the rug."

In an earlier interview with the local Canton Repository newspaper, Cutts denied any involvement in Davis' disappearance. He acknowledged that he was married, but said he was separated from his wife and that she was aware of his relationship with Davis.

Canton Police Chief Dean McKimm said Saturday that because Cutts is a police officer, he has given his department a "black eye" in the eyes of the local community as well as the nation. He urged people not to be too quick to judge the "isolated acts" of one "rogue officer."

Authorities earlier said Cutts had been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the search for Davis.

Thousands of volunteers had shown up to help search for Davis' body, an effort organized by EquuSearch, a Texas-based nonprofit organization

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-24-2007, 01:23 AM
How tragic. That poor little boy, you have to wonder how much of this he saw?
My sympathies to the family.

Marilyn Michetti
06-24-2007, 11:18 AM
That is so sad. The worst part is that the little boy was found alone, in a dirty diaper, saying, "mommie is in the carpet". The authorities are searching for a missing bedspread, which is probably what the baby was talking about.

This little boy is going to need LOTS of love and support as he grows up. God only knows what he actually witnessed.

My heart just misses a beat everytime that story updates.:(

crazypoohbear
06-24-2007, 11:25 AM
I just read this in the paper. How awful for the family. Her poor mother had said on the news that she knew he did something with her daughter. A mother knows.
What kind of monster is this guy ?
whatever he did was in front of his 2 year old child.
there is a special place in HE** for people like him.

Donald A
06-24-2007, 02:58 PM
What a terrible thing to happen. It is even worse for me because I grew up in Uniontown, Ohio where this all took place. All those images are familiar to me. The Greentown Fire Dept where the volunteers gathered is less then 2 miles from the home I grew up in and where my parents still live. It is sad that Northern Stark County Ohio (which has a special place in my heart) will now be known for this terrible tragedy.

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 04:41 PM
What a terribly sad story... my heart goes out to that poor girl's family, and to her little boy - it is horrible when anything like this happens, but my heart just breaks even more when there is a little child left behind, esp. one who was somehow involved. :( My deepest prayers go out to them right now...

Stich8818
06-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree with DonaldA. Being born and raised in the Uniontown/Hartville area and to see this outpouring of support is incredible. I like everyone else wish there was a diffrent outcome then this horrible tragedy, My Prayers,Throughs and of course Pixie Dust goes out to this family.

mtown71
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes, this is truly sad & tragic news! How anyone can take a life & not care is beyond me? How did life become so carelessly treated? I truly worry about that little boy for it seems he witnessed the whole thing. That poor boy will need so much love & security. My heart goes out to that boy & the family of Jesse.