PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #67

King Triton
06-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Had a chance to do this tonight, so here goes:

Simple question this time, or is it? With regards to a Disney vacation, is it Summer or Winter?

Y100Q68 will be in Theme Parks, probably on Monday...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

tinksmom02
06-23-2007, 10:37 PM
We didn't have the best weather in jan/feb, but the crowds were very minimal, and I would rather have to wear a coat and walk onto Soarin' than swelter in the heat waiting in line 1 hour or more!

You didn't list Autumn as an option, but that would be my first choice!

mook3y
06-23-2007, 11:11 PM
cooler weather and smaller crowds!

dtootsie42
06-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Love the cooler weather.

LibertyTreeGal
06-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I loooove walking onto rides in the winter!! :thumbsup:

scottgr
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Got to go with the winter, Nice to get out of the cold CT weather:snow:

Hull-onian
06-24-2007, 06:15 AM
I clicked on winter but we mostly go in October or in April. With my new Annual Pass, I think we are going to go at Christmastime too. Good poll!!!!

darthmacho
06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
If given a choice, Winter (my vote) weather would be better than Summer, but kids are out in summer, making it easier to plan vacations, so despite preference, summer trips remain more likely than winter...

BritCody
06-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Typically we have always vacationed in the summer and early fall. I'm not crazy about taking my kids out of school to vacation, but I am taking them out of school for our next trip. I'd much rather deal with the lighter crowds of the winter

Spaceship Tigger
06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, definitely winter because of the crowds. I don't really mind the heat because we love the water rides and the pools so we're fine with September right now. But I would definitely prefer any good time in the winter as opposed to the crowds of summer.

Mom2princesses
06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
We went in the beginning of February with out last day being my older dd's 5th birthday. She was only in preschool at that time. I would so much rather go in the Fall/Winter but now that she is 10 years old it is very difficult to pull her out of school. She misses a lot of work even though she is a great student we rather not pull her out of school. So we do the summer. But being at WDW in the summer is better than not going to WDW at all! I'm trying to figure out our next trip. My younger dd will be 5 in May of 2009. Maybe we can make a trip around that time. We'll see! Her birthday unfortunately is near Mermorial day weekend. UGH!!!!

princessjojo
06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I guess that makes me odd man out... I like the summer, and since we live in the south anyways, we can't escape the heat too much. We like to take advantage of the longer park hours as well. Though we would love to take a WDW vacation in the fall or winter, it isn't likely with both boys and school now. They are both at points in school now that it's really difficult to pull them out for about 7 school days, especially our older son (middle school). Ideally, they would be in year-round school which would make this all possible, but too bad for us...Blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, the pools are fun when it's hot as well as the water parks. At the end of the day, we are all so hot and sweaty, I can't tell if it's me that smells, DH, one of our boys or the other strangers on the bus wondering the same thing about themselves.

GrmGrninGost
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but I voted summer! We were down in Dec. last year, and it got really cold. We wore heavy coats, scarves and sweatshirts. I still had a good time, but to me, WDW is all about shorts and t-shirts! I would not hesitate to go again during the winter, but to me the ideal time is fall! Sept. and Oct. are perfect!:mickey:

RAIDER
06-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Its winter and the month of dec as i love the xmas atmosphere
:snowman::grinch::santa::santa2::tree:

Mickey91
06-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Although it is beautiful at Christmas, I can't stand to be cold! I had to go with summer!

Bethanymouse
06-24-2007, 08:15 PM
We always travel to WDW in the summer months. The park hours are fabulous and we both have off in the summers. Its all about learning how to work the heat in the summer!

LoriMistress
06-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I usually go during the fall/winter. The weather's nicer, it's less crowded, and cheaper as well.

Dsnygirl
06-25-2007, 12:43 AM
We've never actually gone in the winter, but I can't imagine going in the heat of the summer - we've gone in the spring, and are planning to go in the fall briefly this year, and near Christmas next year. Between the lines and the heat, I definitely think our family is more of an "off-season" family!

Dizneyfan
06-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I would much rather the winter months. I would rather be cold than hot. We went April 2004 and the sun was already scorching hot. We opted to go in February the last few visits. It wasn't hot or cold. It was cool weather.:thumbsup:

Narawen
06-25-2007, 02:48 AM
I love late October, which is really neither. I can't imagina battling Chhristmas crowds but early Jan sounds fab. I have sworn off going in the summer after experiencing my first truly "off season" visit.

snifflesmcg
06-25-2007, 02:56 AM
I would chose either fall or spring but since those weren't offered, I picked winter. I picked it because Florida is just so hot.

playdead88
06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
what about spring? thats my favorite :cloud9:

January-2007
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I really like the Fall the best probably, but I chose Summer because we were just there at the end of May, beginning of June, and it was just lovely. The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot made the park so very beautfiul and the weather was soooo much better than in January. Sure it was more crowded than winter, but the time spent was very enjoyable. We're really doing the summer thing a lot, with our latest trip at the way beginning of summer and our September trip at the way end of summer. What could be better? I mean, either way we're in Walt Disney World!!

DawsonAR
06-25-2007, 09:53 AM
We went in February last year and late October last year. Both were wonderful. This year we are doing November and January. I like to walk around without dying from the heat stress. Plus the crowd difference is great. I would rather wear a jacket than be sweating all day long. :thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
06-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Crowds are better in the winter and it's not so hot!! It's not too cold either. Usually temps are pretty comfortable as long as you layer your clothing. There might be a cooler than usual day or two during a winter trip, but it never gets as cold down there as it is at home.

164 more days!!
:mickey:

DDuck66
06-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Even though I voted for "Winter", I go whenever I get the chance!!! Any day at WDW is a good day!!!

4ubie1
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I chose winter since it tends to be less :crowd: and the temperatures are actually reasonable. There is nothing more I hate than walking around sweating. :whew: I would rather be cold than hot. So winter it is for me :D

Tynkerbelle
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Since fall was not an option I went with winter...

Summer is just too hot and crowded. Plus, in the winter there are all the holiday activities - Osbourne Lights, Candlelight Processional & Holidays Around the World, MVMCP and all the decorations....

beksy
06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
I went with winter. Mom and I are both on medications that make it hard for us to be out in the heat for long (more than 5 minutes usually!) or the humidity. I'd rather wear extra layers than have to battle heat and the extra crowds. For us, summer is no longer an option but fall or spring is perfect (hot enough but not too hot!) :cloud9:

joy b
06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
even though i'm going labor day wknd,, i'd much rather go in winter when the lines and humidity are low. florida's winter is like my fall anyway, piece of cake.

Rica
06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Its got to be winter. Even though I' m from the south, I would rather wait in cool weather than hot and humid. Of course, I would never turn down a trip to Disney any time of year.:D

DizNee143
06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Winter!!! definetly winter!! i think it is absolutely THEE greatest time to visit disney...i personally LOVE January!!! its so nice..the weather seems to average in the 70s..at least it always has for me when ive been there in January!! and oh its just great!! :thumbsup::mickey:

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Winter! Between the decorations for the holidays and the fact that it's not 1000 degrees outside i think it's the best time to be at WDW!
:goofy: