PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dinner package for November 1st

emmatink
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been to the Fantasmic show in November. I am curious if it is busy that time of year or not. We are trying to decide if we should do the dinner package or not. I could only get an ADR for 4 PM and that is a little early to be eating dinner IMO. We are thinking about just grabbing something to eat and taking our chances that it won' t be that crowded, but we have never been to WDW this time of year before. Anyone have any input? Thanks.!!!

emmatink
06-24-2007, 02:43 PM
:confused:?

Guya103
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
When in November are you going? Honestly, I would not bother with the dinner package at all. The reserved seating is always on the far side so the view is poor and you can see what is going on behind the stage during the performance.

We always wait in line about an hour before because we feel it is worth it. We tend to sit right in the center at the top. There are snacks in there but they are "snacks". I would suggest some advice I was given recently. Starring Rolls is a great counter service place that serves huge, deli sandwiches. Perhaps you would prefer to eat a large lunch and grab a sandwich to take with you for the show.
Do they do two shows in November? We go every year in July and Fantasmic is at 9 and again @ 10:30. If you don't want to wait in line, go to the later showing, it is always less crowded.:mickey:

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 04:03 PM
We'll be there the same time as you! :mickey: We did the Fantasmic package last time we went in December and didn't think it was worth it to eat so early and still have to wait in the special line for 20-30 minutes. This time we're going to get sandwiches at Starring Rolls and bring them in while we wait.

I would also love to know, though, from someone who has been in the fall before what they think. There is only one show, so does it get really crowded during the week? Also, how long do we have to wait in line before they let us in the theatre? :mickey:

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
We used the Fantasmic dinner package in February 2006. I felt like it was a waste of our money. We actually did not even need it. There was plenty of seating to accomodate many people. I also found that our seats weren't that great either. I'm not sure about the crowd level in November though. I've never been this time of year and I'm not sure if the crowds are high or not. If I had to make the decision I wouldn't do it though. You will more than likely get a seat without the package if you get there early enough.:mickey:

emmatink
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
We are there from October 27 to November 3rd and you all have helped us in our decision to cancel our reservation and just grab a sandwich and snacks, and wait in line!! Thanks you all helped us out once again....and we welcome any other suggestions too!!:thumbsup:

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
We're there Oct. 27-Nov. 6--will probably see you! :mickey:

Our plan is to actually do Fantasmic on Oct. 31 in hopes that most crowds will be at MK for MNSSHP! :D We're then going to MK evening of Nov. 1 since that's one of only a couple of times SpectroMagic is shown--don't want to miss that.

emmatink
06-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, we will be at MNSSHP on October 31st! That probably is a good plan to go to Fantasmic on that night. We are going to do Spectromagic on Monday night. Are you doing the Fantasmic dinner package?

mickey-mouse35
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, we will be at MNSSHP on October 31st! That probably is a good plan to go to Fantasmic on that night. We are going to do Spectromagic on Monday night. Are you doing the Fantasmic dinner package?

Ahh, Monday is good night for Spectro Magic. We'll be at Universal :ack: that day (for DH). We decided not to do Fantasmic dinner package this time around. Did it last time in December at Hollywood and Vine and thought it was a waste of money. Our goal is to bring in sandwiches or get something and eat while we wait. :D

emmatink
06-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah I think everyone has pretty much made up our minds not to do the dinner package too. I don't think it will be that crowded when we are there this year. We are having such a hard time deciding which ressies to keep and which ones to let go...so many choices and so little time! We are not doing Universal this time.
Our daughter is only 2 and there really are not a whole lot of rides for her there. We are truely Disney fans anyways....and surprising as it is my DH hates roller coasters, so I would be riding by myself anyways.:D

mickey-mouse35
06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
We are having such a hard time deciding which ressies to keep and which ones to let go...so many choices and so little time!

Would love to see your plans! :mickey:

emmatink
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
1900 Park Fare Character Dinner

Play and Dine Hollywood and Vine Lunch

Narcoossee's Dinner

Ohana's Dinner

Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Coral Reef Dinner

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

San Angel Lunch

Teppanyaki Dinner

Hull-onian
06-27-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't think taking the package is worth. This way, you pick your restaurant (early enough) and then stroll over next to Beauty and the Beast show, walk in, and get the choicest seats. We did the dining package it did not like it.

Lizzie
06-27-2007, 09:24 PM
We did it last October and really enjoyed it. We had tried to see Fantasmic earlier in the week and didn't get there in time for seats. It was nice to know that we had seats (especially with kids). It didn't matter to us where they were. And we really enjoyed dinner at Hollywood and Vine. We are doing it again in September. We probably don't need it, but then we know we have a night schedualed to see Fantasmic.

mickey-mouse35
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Lizzie--were you there in early October during free dining or later in the month when you didn't get in the first time? How soon/late did you arrive to find out no more seats?

Thanks.

Becky'sMom
06-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, we are in the minority. We are doing the dinner package. We have ADR's for Mama Melrose at 4:40 - so by the time we sit down and get served it will pretty much be dinner time. We also haven't tried MM and have heard good things, so we are looking forward to the meal. Getting the reserved seats doesn't cost anything and my 4 year old won't be standing in line for 90 minutes saying "when are they letting us in Mommy?"
We had reserved seating last year and I don't recall seeing anything behind the stage....we did get wet - but I liked that and since we're going next week, I think I will find getting wet refreshing in what will still be 80's heat that time of day. I do also remember feeling the heat from the pyrotechnics though....oh well, can't have everything.

moe513
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I did the package for Fantasmic and Candlelight and thought it wasnt all that necessary. We are going to gamble with Fantasmic next visit.