PDA

View Full Version : New reservation system

eeyoremom
06-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know if the new system is in place yet. I checked our Jan reservation, and each day is listed by itself. However, they are all the same rate. Just wondering if anyone else knows whether WDW is changing rates on special weekends or any other time for 2008.

Strmchsr
06-23-2007, 05:58 PM
2008 rates won't be released until later this summer (probably first of August or so).

little disney lovers
06-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I thought WDW were releasing the 2008 rates today? I just tried to get a quote and still can't get anything for next year! VERY FRUSTRATING!
Don't they know that people like to book in advance? I'm coming from Australia and It's heaps cheaper for me to book online rather than a travel agent. August leaves it a little tight for people wanting to go in January! Anyway, They are Disney and can pretty much do what they want, Can't they!:confused:

DawsonAR
06-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I booked for January 2008 about a month ago. I didn't do it online but I called them and booked without a problem.

Strmchsr
06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I should have been more specific - package rates haven't been released yet. You can book room only about 500 days in advance and convert it to a package once the package rates are released. Now, international guests I believe is a little different. I'm not sure about Australia, but I know some of the UK (and other European countries) packages have already been released.

What little disney lovers was referring to is that they were switching over to a new reservation system today that will be date specific so that, unlike in the past, if you start your vacation on the last day of value season you no longer keep the "value season" rate for the entire length of your stay. However, as I said above, the package rates for 2008 will be released somewhere around end of July to mid August. Even if you reserve a room only now rates may change when the new rates are released later this summer, but at least you can do your room and ADRs.