PDA

View Full Version : Eating at Artist Point.

LoriMistress
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Made our ADRs for 12/16 6pm at Artist Point (WL.) Has anyone eaten there? If you have, what would you recommend? Did you enjoy it? What seating section would you recommend? It's just going to be myself and DH.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
DH and I would highly recommend it. It is one of our all time faves at WDW. As far as recommendations...the mushroom soup is simply out of this world. DH had the venison spring rolls and loved them. As far as entrees, the buffalo is amazing, as is the pork tenderloin and the salmon. The only dessert we've tried is the berry cobbler, very different but amazing.

If he's still working there, ask to be seated in Mickey's section...amazing service!

BethieTink
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Ate there on my trip in May and it was the best meal of the trip. For comparison, we also ate at Boma, Jiko and California Grill.

The mushroom soup is heavenly :cloud9:. The salmon is scrumptious and the berry cobbler is amazing. My friend had the mussels which were divine and the buffalo which was incredibly delicious. m

I tried the wine flight and enjoyed them as well. If you like red, be sure to try an Oregon Pinot Noir. The one I tried that night was the Cloudline '05 and it was :cloud9:.

Can't wait to go back in October. If you are celebrating a special occasion, be sure to tell to them. We told them it was my birthday and they did a bunch of things for me, including printing special menus that wished me a Happy Birthday!

Enjoy your meal there and your trip!!

Crow
06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
been a few trips since ive been there but i will b back in Sept:thumbsup: it wasnt busy when i was there
portobello soup:number1:
once had buffalo once salmon; both were good and im not sure what i will have in Sept
berry cobbler, coffee 2 ways.
ill probably try a diff dessert if i have dessert.
wine flights are good
ill b at both CA Grill (which was fantastic this recent trip) & AP in Sept, so it will b interesting which gets my top vote.

RenDuran
06-23-2007, 06:16 PM
The buffalo is okay, but the salmon is out-of-this-world. Artist Point is the one place my husband and I always go to when at WDW. We like the window seats all the way in the back.....of course, that's where they always seem to seat us anyway, since there's only ever just the two of us! Enjoy that yummy meal....I'm jeaous!:)

Natazu
06-23-2007, 06:18 PM
It's romantic and relaxing, a great way to end a long day. If you like salmon, they have one of the best you can get - cedar plank king salmon.

Oh, for what it's worth, I'm going to do a full review in October.

ibrowse17
06-23-2007, 07:05 PM
We ate there in Feb, and loved it!!! We both had the buffalo, and thought it was wonderful. It was also great that our table looked out over the waterfall:thumbsup:

LandFan
06-23-2007, 07:07 PM
We must be in the minority as we didn't like the berry cobbler. We MUCH preferred the coffee three ways! It was awesome!

As for the meal, we felt it was OK. I'm not sure I would go again though. It just didn't seem to have the Disney magic for us. We had the buffalo and the salmon. We can get good buffalo down the road (they have a buffalo farm) and the salmon was pretty good but, I don't know. I guess I like to go more for the atmosphere and Artist Point to me seemed like just another classy restaurant.

Cali Grill has the view of MK, JIKO is at AKL (which is amazing in itself) but Artist Point has no real "amazement factor".

JMHO :blush:

LandFan
06-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Oops - I meant Coffee Two Ways!:thumbsup:

murphy1
06-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I love this place!!! It is excellent!! Had salmon (don't like salmon either, this was great), porto mushroom soup and dessert, everything was great, sit by the waterfall section, also see when the Electrical Water Pageant goes by.

DawsonAR
06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
This is a must do for us on each trip. We both love the buffalo and salmon. I don't think you can go wrong with any choice.

wilshade
06-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I absolutely love Artist Point! The atmosphere is elegant and rustic at the same time and it is quite peaceful.

A table near the windows is best if you can get it.

The salmon is excellent, but pay attention to what your server tells you. If they mention something that is not on the menu . . . order it!

Plus, it is an excuse to visit the Wilderness Lodge. I highly recommend taking the boat from the MK. The trip is serene and the view of the WL from the water is incredible.

meldan98
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
My DH and I loved the food there, however, it took us almost 90 min. just to get back to our hotel (BC). That made the food not worth the time wasted and the frustration.

LoriMistress
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
My DH and I loved the food there, however, it took us almost 90 min. just to get back to our hotel (BC). That made the food not worth the time wasted and the frustration.

Oh my god! You're in Sacramento?! I'm near that area! How wonderful! What part of Sacto are you in? Hooray! I have a Disney Local Buddy!

LoriMistress
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for everybodys' suggestions. I know I'll definately will be ordering the buffalo. But DH will probably order the steak or chicken.

meldan98
06-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi LoriMistress,

I've sent you a PM.

MickeyDreamer
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
You can not go wrong here everything is great. The mushroom soup is very rich the best one I have ever had. This is one of our favorites and I think we can say we have had everything on the menu now we have been there that many times. So now a lot of times we have that evenings special and those have alway been top notch also. Go and ENJOY!

MauiMouse
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
We ate here last March as a family, there were 8 all together. I don't recall what everyone had but we were seated in the very back off to the left and near the window area. Very nice area and I would recommend sitting in this area, it's off to the side so it's a little quieter than the other area.

The food was very good, again I don't remember what I had, but I know a couple of my family had the salmon. Enjoy Artist Point and the Lodge. :pine:

disneymom2000
06-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I must be one of those very few that had not so great food here. I had the buffalo sirloin and it was so very tough. The person I went with had the tenderloin and loved it. The buffalo was very tasty, don't get me wrong, but it was just real hard to chew. Now the view was amazing. We sat at the big window facing the waterfall and pool. Absolutely beautiful.

Tynkerbelle
06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
We went last Sept when we stayed at WL and honestly, we weren't that impressed. The restaurant itself is very pretty and the service is good. My dbf was disappointed because the menu had just changed and the dinner he wanted was no longer an option. He had the buffalo and did not care for it. I had the pork chop - it was good (better than the buffalo), but nothing to write home about.

We liked Jiko way better!

LoriMistress
06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi LoriMistress,

I've sent you a PM.

Got it and been replying. :mickey: